• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

slap cheek parvovirus sooo scared

rubysoho120

Soon to be mama of 2
Reaction score
Wednesday I woke up with a red patchy blotchy rash on my left cheek. Very light on the right. Hadn't eaten anything new or new products or new make up. I emailed my dr and she wants me in asap to test for parvovirus. I read what it can do in pregnancy
...not good. High chance of miscarriage since I'm in first trimester. Also the baby can have anemia, extra fluid in tissue and a handful of issues that could occure months from now. So I would have to be screened weekly or bi weekly. And the baby could need a blood transfusion through the belly button. And maybe testing. I'm scared out of my fucking mind. :(

I had parvovirus (fifth disease) when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2011. I too made a post about it on here, I was freaking out!

I contracted it at about 12 weeks along. They assigned me to a high risk doctor and I had an ultrasound every week to see if any hydrops was forming. It never happened and they stop giving me ultrasounds at 25 weeks along. She is now a healthy 2 year old little girl. No problems what's so ever.

:hugs: if you have any questions I will do my best to answer.

I had parvovirus (fifth disease) when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2011. I too made a post about it on here, I was freaking out!

I contracted it at about 12 weeks along. They assigned me to a high risk doctor and I had an ultrasound every week to see if any hydrops was forming. It never happened and they stop giving me ultrasounds at 25 weeks along. She is now a healthy 2 year old little girl. No problems what's so ever.

:hugs: if you have any questions I will do my best to answer.

thank you so much. Im just a nervous mess. I know I was exposed as a child because my sister had it but I cant find info on if you can get it more than once.

Hugs, so stressful, hopefully all will work out, when one of my twins got strep b I googled and was so stressed and convinced he was going to be really sick, but all was well, he had anti biotics and didn't develop any symptoms or complications.

Deep breath, get tested, then see what they say, hugs though Hun, I can only imagine. How stressed you must be. Xxx

So I got the test this am, but they said I won't get results till the end of next week. Ugh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"