Sleep advice please help!!

Mummy2Asher

mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
I'm struggling so much and I'm starting to feel really low but it's from the zero sleep I'm getting!
Lo co sleeps and used to sleep through but the last month and a half he has got worse and worse to the point he now won't sleep till about 1am, and then HAS to be attached to my boob all night and up at 5! And it's not even proper sleep it's constant latching on/off. Rocking, singing etc etc
Tried a dummy, he's put on loads of weight (nearly 8lbs at birthweight and now he's nearly 20lbs), he's started on solids and having a bit at lunch. He doesn't like White noise or a wine the pooh light projector.
I don't know what to do but I can't cope like this, hubby works so much and I also have a 4 year old to look after and lo doesn't even have a nap in the day.
Can any reccomend anything? Share their experiences. I don't want to do cc but maybe a pick up put down thing?
Help help help :'(

my lo is a similar age and his nighttime sleep has regressed loads so ur not on ur own!pu/pd worked for us for naps. maybe if he'd nap in the day he'd sleep better at night? and you'll be more awake during the day so it might seem a bit more doable! i know whate its like going to be with plans about settling/pupd etc and then at 4am ur brain has just stopped working and everythings a bit of a blur!

sorry i've no better advice hope it gets better quickly! xxxx

I highly recommend PUPD. Your LO is about same age as mine and we are doing this. I've just posted in a thread asking about PUPD so have a look at that one but I am using a book and website called www.babysleepanswers.co.UK with great success. I feel like I am pushing it at the moment but they have made me feel sane again.

I think you do need to do something as it sounds like you are in a vicious circle and need to break it. It's night here ATm but if you want to know more then pls ask here and I'll revisit thread first thing in the morning.

Good luck. You can do it and before you know it your LO will be self settling.

sorry to crash a bit but peardrop - what do you do if lo wakes in the night? i've always fed lo when he wakes but i'm almost certain he's just using it to get back to sleep. he gets really upset when he wakes in the night i think because he just wants to be asleep!

If you are sure he is just using feeding as a prop to go back to sleep then you should stop it and try PUPD first. I found the night ones tough but a combination of this and him learning how to go back to sleep has cut our night wakings down to 1 or 2.

When I found the nights too tough I would look at when he had his last feed. I would definitely not feed within 4 hours of the last feed. I would aim for not feeding within 6 hours but if it was tough I would see how things were between 4 and 6 hours and try to resettle but if half an hour passed with no luck I would feed.

You could also try reducing the number of mins feeding if BF or ounces if FF until LO decides not to bother waking or if LO is old enough, offer water.

I am still happy to feed once a night but am managing to get out of the every hour and a half habit, thank goodness.

But garbled but hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->