sleep breeds sleep???

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by baby D, Apr 18, 2009.

1. baby D

baby D Joshua and Amelia x

Now i know thet say you shouldn't wake a sleeping baby, but at 3 months old, can they get too much sleep during the day? Thing is Amelia 'normally' naps for around 3 - 3 1/2 hours over the day, but yesterday she clocked up nearly 5 hrs worth of naps - and i think it effected her night time sleep...

She normally feed between 7.30 - 8pm then sleeps at least 7 - 8 hrs, waking between 3- 4, feeds then goes back off till 7.30 ish. But last night she only managed a long block of just over 5 hours and wanted feeding before 2 - then she was up again at 5 and restless from 6 onwards!

My question is, could this mean that she had too much sleep during the day resulting in her needing a little less at night? :shrug: Can't think why else she wouldn't sleep as long/well as usual - certainly hope we're not going backwards and doing two night feeds again - we've been down to one since she was 8 wks old and she's 3 months now....:dohh:

So how many hours worth of naps should a 3 month old have???

PS - don't think it is a growth spurt as her feeding hasn't changed during the day at all!!!

2. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

Until they get to about one, the more they sleep the more they sleep. Don't worry about it and enjoy having some time to yourself.

3. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

Ya, I put Jasmine down to sleep as soon as she shows signs... East was hll, she had like NO nap, and had a really bad unsettled night... and the next day she was so tired and cranky.

Jasmine goes to bed at 7:00 now, sometimes 6:30 and sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning. Then has at least one one hour nap and one 2 hour nap in the day. If she doesn't get at least those she gets overtired.