Sleep dep. scare!

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Woke up at 3am this morning to the sound of LO coughing/choking so snapped awake and went to lean over to his nest only to find him in bed with me :wacko: His head was hanging back off the side of the bed (he was like diagonal across the bed) and he was choking on his drool. I quickly pulled him back on to check him over and he was still fast asleep. Pulled him in for a hug and to make sure he was OK and he stretched in his sleep and arched his back and pushed away from me and nearly ended up off the side of the bed again (which is presumably how he did it the first time) so I put him back in his nest and he slept til this morn fine.

The scary part is, I have no memory of bringing him in bed with me or even waking in the night :shrug: I rememer him waking around midnight and I hugged him on my shoulder and put him back, then nothing til I woke to him choking. I don't think I meant to co-sleep as the pillows were still on the bed and I always take them off if I bring him in. However, the duvet wasn't on either of us. I just don't know when or why I brought him into bed and it scares the hell out of me. OH was like "you'll have to be more careful" but I was like how can I be if I'm doing it in my sleep?! I was absoloutely shattered cos I didn't sleep the night before but there's not much I can do about that. I'm so scared I might do something like this again and something awful will happen :cry:

Aww bless you :hugs: the sleep dep is very hard to deal with :wacko: I do find I doze off with Skyla in bed with me but luckily I'm a very light sleeper! I also dream that I get up when she cries and see to her only to wonder a couple of minutes later why she's still crying only to realise I'm still in bed :sleep:

I can't believe my baby is three weeks old today its going tooooooooo fast!!!!

I know it goes way too fast, I can't believe we're nearly 6months :o

I know what you mean, hopfully it doesnt happen again for you. If it does then at least you woke up and I am sure you will again. Where was your hubby when this was happening?

this has happened a couple of times for me , when lo was younger , where i have woken in morning to find him in bed with me and not remembered how exactly he got there. you were probablyy just really tired, maybe instead of telling you to be more careful OH should look after lo for a night whiile you get some sleep ?

i gues it is possible that i did it in my sleep ,but have never been a sleep walker , ubt i do talk in my sleep ( like can have a whole conversation with OH and not really ebe awake, lol.) so who knows, but im more inclined to think i woke up properly and brought him to bed but was just too tired to remember clearly.

dont feel bad hun, being so tired is awful, the only thing i can advise is trying to get a good sleep in yourself, even if it a nap during the day while lo sleeps.
happy xmas :)

Cheers girls. OH was in bed next to me, slept through the whole thing. I think I must have dozed off with him on my chest and then semi-consciously shuffled down the bed with him. I was in co-sleeping position so there's no way it happened by accident, some part of me must have known what was going on.

I'm a lot better today, not at all worried about tonight :) The joys of the growth spurt, lol.

I remember wakin at about 3 with a dead arm hangin off bed with Jake in it so he was bearly on my arm and hangin out of bed scared me to death as my last memory wa bfin him ...My foster mum said i needed a break and took him the next night ....these things happen but i believe that mothers instinct is still with us when we are asleep :hugs: x

omg the same thing happend to me last night!!!! i woke up and he was nearly handing off the bed! i didnt know he was there and i have my arm round him when he is in the bed next to me and it wasnt its so scary the things you do in ur sleep! x

Oh Kirsty it scares the life out of you doesn't it? But yeah I think indtincts are still with us as one the one hand I was so out of it I brought him in bed in my sleep BUT we were in a safe co-sleep position rather than him being between me and OH or whatever and I snapped awake when he was coughing.

The sleep deprivation is sooo hard to get used to :/

I have found that I keep waking up when LO stirs and getting up to feed him, make up a bottle etc then get really confused as theres a bottle beside me, but I don't remember feeding him. The other night I was literally standing at the end of the bed for about 10 minutes trying to remember if I had fed him or not (I had). I agree with other posters - get your OH to take over for a night. My OH is off now for a week so I'm going to get him to do a few nights/early mornings so I can get some proper sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->