sleep during the day?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Shelleyb, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Shelleyb

Shelleyb Well-Known Member

How much sleep does your little ones get during the day? And does it vary from day to day???

Thanks x

2. weebubbles

weebubbles Mummy

Hi, my little boy is the same age as your daughter. He generally wakes every 3 hours for a feed and sometimes will only be awake for 30 mins to get fed and burped and then other times he could be awake for 2 to 3 hours where I play with him until he gets tired again.

He will lie down in his moses basket wide awake and happy but I sometimes think he goes to sleep due to boredom!

The time of feeds and length of time awake can vary from day to day.

Do you have a routine yet? I sometimes think I should have one, but dont know where to start.

3. Shelleyb

Shelleyb Well-Known Member

not got a routine during day as such, as depends what time she wakes up at when she gets fed, if she wakes up at 5 she normally feeds ever 4 hours, if she wakes up later its roughly ever 3 hours. As for sleeping some days she sleeps a lot and other days she is very alert. She walways sleep if we are out in the pram or car.

Notice ur from Lanarkshire too - so like me you won't be getting out with the pram as much as i would like!!

4. june09

june09 Mummy to Mia

Mia doesn't tend to sleep at all through the day, she will have the odd 10 minute snooze here and there but other than that she's just always awake. She's been like that since the day she was born, and used to drive the nurses in the neonatal unit mad when she was there. She will suddenly have a day where she sleeps most the day, and then the next day she will be back to being constantly awake during the day.

5. kirstyderby

kirstyderby Mum of 2 TTC#3

My LO is the same, she is starting 2 stay awake abit more now, but usually falls asleep on her bottle](*,)
    She is now in a routine tho
    feeds at 7am 11am 3pm 7pm 11pm then 7am so is missing the nite feed out
    and she is havin 5oz.(doesn't always drink it tho):nope:

6. Cheesepuff

Cheesepuff Well-Known Member

I noticed that Alex needs regular naps during the day, otherwise he gets overtired very easily. I keep an eye on his tired signals and put him to hid day bed as soon as I see them (rubbing his eyes, yawning & generally looking tired).

He normally gets up between 7 / 8 am and then has naps every 2 hours, but only sleeps max 45 mninutes at the time. He also sleeps through the night, so we have been very lucky with him ...

7. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

Theakston varies day to day but tends to be awake from 6am - 9am feeding a lot then naps for an hour then feeds and naps throughout the day. He's most alert in the late afternoon/evening from, say, 4pm - 8pm cluster feeding again then he'll nap and feed until 9/10pm before going down properly. If we're out in the pram though he can sleep for 4hours without stirring. I think it depends where he sleeps too. He'll always fall asleep on me in the day but if I put him in his chair he'll wake up sooner than he would if I leave him on me.