Sleep Position Question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by CMarie, Jan 28, 2011.

1. CMarie

CMarie Guest

Hey Girls :flower:

For the past couple weeks I've noticed that I've been waking up on my back. I know I'm not suppose to be really laying on my back at all by this point, but no matter what I do I keep finding a way (in my sleep) to get onto my back. I've tried putting a pillow behind my back and using my pregnancy pillow between my knees, but while I'm sleeping I push those of the bed and roll onto my back.

Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you!! xxx :hugs:

2. scuffer

scuffer Mum to 3 lovely boys!

There's been a few discussions about this on here and most people seem to say not to worry. As you get bigger you'll probably find you wan't be on you back as it gets uncomfortable. I was sleeping sitting up with pillows but have started managing to sleep lying down and generally sleep on my left because when I'm on my right I get horrible heartburn.

3. MissFox

MissFox Soon2BMomOf3

Hi! I'm jut popping in from 3rd tri- DON"T WORRY! I still end up sleeping on my back sometimes! I use my pregnancy pillow and wrap it under my head, down my bck and inbetween my legs so that when I go to roll onto my back I'm not completely on my back. It doesn't/hasn't caused any pain or discomfort yet for me so far (My belly is pretty big- measuring at least 3 weeks ahead by fundal height). There will come a time when you literally cannot sleep on your back. Don't stress- get sleep while you can!

4. BaybeeMama

BaybeeMama Well-Known Member

Yeah i would say don't worry about it. U can't always control your movements esp when ur sleeping. I always try sleep on my left but i end waking up on my right side.....

5. Hoppersgirl

Hoppersgirl Well-Known Member

I've been really struggling with sleep and I finally invested in a dreamgenii sleeping pillow. I really didn't want to spend the money because we don't really have a lot, but oh my goodness am I so pleased that I bought it. I even questioned my hubby this morning as to whether he'd set the alarm clock wrong because I couldn't believe that I'd actually slept through the night!

6. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters til baby is a bit heavier hun x

7. CMarie

CMarie Guest

Thanks girls! This was super reassuring :)

8. jennie123

jennie123 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, im either really thick or just never heard this before....but why carnt u sleep on your back? xx :blush:

9. MissFox

MissFox Soon2BMomOf3

It has to do with heavy baby cutting off blood flow- majority of Drs or MWs will tell you that it doesn't matter too much unless YOU have problems with it. I almost always end up on my back or belly. The belly part is tricky though :thumbup:

10. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

i think when they say try not to sleep on you back i think they mean dont spend all your time on your back. i sleep on my back at times most of the time without realising x