• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sleep Problems

DebDeb85

Reaction score
Good morning!
So, I've been having lots of trouble getting adequate rest. At times, I have night sweats, nightmares, and seem to wake up every 2 hours to go to the restroom or just because. I recently started a different shift at work, and get up at 5am in order to work 6:30a.-3:00pm. I've been trying to take an hour nap when I get home.
Is there anything I can do to have more restful sleep? Tylenol PM maybe?
I've never struggled with sleep issues until baby started baking...
Thank you in advance! :)

Just wanted to say I completely sympathise! Since the very day I got my BFP, I haven't had a good nights sleep! Restless, unable to get comfortable, hot flushes, waking up every hour or two... It's so frustrating!

I am right there with you. Can't sleep. I am so tired by the end of the day and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I toss and turn and my mind just races. It is very frustrating.

My doctor said I could take tylenol PM. I have slept horribly ever since pregnant. Toss and turn, sweat, very vivid dreams wake me up, and then of course Im excessively thirsty so Im going to the restroom 2-5 times a night. Im exhausted. The one night that I slept excellently, I took Tylenol PM. Give it a try so you can function at work.

I have insomnia too. I wake every morning at 1am, and can't get back to sleep. I had this with my last pregnancy, and the doctor told me to refrain from going on lap top, iPad. Or watching tv for an hour before bed and to drink a hot milky drink. It didn't work for me, but may work for you. Hope this stage passes quickly for us all xxx

I don't have any advice, but I completely sympathise. I have a rotten time trying to stay asleep. I wake up throughout the night, to either go to the toilet, or just randomly. My dreams have been insane, so the sleep I do get doesn't always feel restful. A friend of mine had this too, throughout her pregnancy.. She said it was the body's way of preparing for the baby & lack of sleep :haha:

Im right there with you too...last night was a horrible horrible sleep. I constantly toss and turn. Most nights im up at least six times to go to the bathroom unless i do manage to fully fall asleep. I thought it wasnt until later when baby is much bigger when you have the lack of sleep. Nope i was proven wrong. You could try melatonin as it may help out a bit. I sometimes use it, but i find now that im preggers it only helps me get to sleep faster but once i wake up i yet again find it hard to get back to sleep.

My OB office said Unisom or benedryl. If you do take tylenol PM only take 1 tablet.

I'm
Also suffering with insomnia too! I've been suffering a few nights even before my BFP

Yep I've had terrible sleeps too! A few nights ago I only had one hour sleep! Then I went to my ob for my prenatal apt. And he said diclectin would help and wrote me a prescription.

I've taken it the last two nights and had waaay better sleeps! And it helps with nausea too so it is awesome!

It's the morning sickness medicine so totally pregnancy safe, so I am personally way more comfortable with that than tylonel pm, my pharmacist gave me the impression that I should only take regular tylonel and not tylonel pm.

Good morning!
I took Tylenol Pm the last two nights and it has been great! Much more solid sleep. I did take the full dose though- do I need to just take a half dose? I've got a paper from my doctor that has all the medications it's okay to take while pregnant, and it does have Tylenol PM but doesn't sY anything about dosage.

So nice reading through and seeing that I am not the only one! I have terrible insomnia. Not only do I wake up throughout the night 3-4 times, sometimes when I wake up I am up for hours on end tossing and turning. I feel exhausted throughout the day but then when I lay down my body is ready to just go go go. i have started an evening regimen to help get my sleep back on track. i start by taking a warm lavender bubble bath. I take deep breaths, clear my head (as best as i can) and just relax, letting the warm water soothe all these new found aches and pains. Then I have a sleepy time tea, it's all natural and very soothing and then I just lay back, close my eyes and tend to fall asleep quite quickly to my surprise. Sometimes it is still hard and that it when I nominate my SO to play with my hair, tickle up and down my arm or rub my tummy.

Good luck!! <3

I'm the same. Ever since I got my bfp I've woken countless amount of times due to not been comfy, too warm and just restless. Let's hope this passes soon xxx

I've been taking diclectin at night, helps me sleep and helps with morning nausea.

I got a judgey comment on another thread about using it for sleep. But my ob prescribed it when I asked about sleep trouble so I think it is perfectly fine to use for that reason, and it helping with nausea (it's usual purpose) is great too! So seems great to me!

I've been taking diclectin at night, helps me sleep and helps with morning nausea.

I got a judgey comment on another thread about using it for sleep. But my ob prescribed it when I asked about sleep trouble so I think it is perfectly fine to use for that reason, and it helping with nausea (it's usual purpose) is great too! So seems great to me!

I'm not sure I will ever be able to comprehend where other mothers, expectant or otherwise feel that they are entitled to judge others, that is ridiculous. We are all mothers and we all do our best...excuse the rant! im just sorry that happened.

my midwife prescribed diclectin for the same issues, i don't find i makes me as drowsy as i'd like but it helps slightly for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"