Sleep & reflux

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by OmarsMum, Mar 24, 2010.

1. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Just a thought. I dont know if it's true. But I noticed frm several threads that babies who r suffering frm reflux sleep through & don't really have napping problems.

Is it some kind of balance? As we'r suffering enough with reflux & we dont really need the extra hassle of sleepless nights. :shrug:

2. sobersadie

sobersadie 2 sons and a daughter :-)

My daughter has had reflux from 6 weeks and although she has been sleeping through the night for a couple of months now, she has never been good during the day. When she first had the reflux she wud wake up screaming from her naps with the pain and i think she is now in the habit of little naps (15 mins sometimes) and rarely sleeps longer than 1/2 hour at a time. She is on medication and is content enough with the sleep she gets though but it hard when you cant get an hour or so to get stuff done around the house. I am however grateful that she sleeps all night without waking up :)

3. suzanne108

suzanne108 Well-Known Member

I blame the reflux for Lola not sleeping through....when she's lying on her back she is CONSTANTLY being sick :(

4. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

Ronan sleeps horribly most of the time. Even on his side or propped on his back on an angle he often wakes and is restless with the reflux. The only guaranteed way to let him get some solid sleep is if he's on his tummy and propped up, like on our chest when we're sitting. Needless to say this means my sleep suffers regardless of how well he's sleeping since when he's restless and waking crying shortly after I put him down I don't get sleep and if I am sitting up holding him I can't sleep then either.

5. blondeNklutzi

blondeNklutzi Mika's Mommy and TTC

Mika has no napping problems...well, maybe too much napping tbh. But nighttime is HORRIBLE! We are hoping the meds the doctor prescribed today will help...

6. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

Fins fantastic at night - last night he slept from 6pm til 940am! couldnt believe it when i looked at the clock this morning! but hes crap at daytime naps!

7. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

Same here xx

8. suzanne108

Ditto :)

Have you tried gradually slipping down so that you are lying with baby laying on its tummy on top of you? Lola sleeps fine like that. And I have a little doze!

It hurts my arm staying sat up - especially now she's a heavy lump :D

9. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

I don't think I could sleep on my back holding him for fear of him rolling off me. I don't sleep well when we co-sleep with him at my side either because he squirms in right up close against me so even asleep I'm alert to where he is and making sure I don't roll toward him and that my blankets stay out of his way and so forth. I find myself waking with a sore back because I've been so stiff trying to lay just right with him.

10. suzanne108

I know what you mean, its not for everyone.

I find in that position that she's so fast asleep she just doesn't move....and I only doze so when she does make a slight movement I feel it straight away :)