Sleep?

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Anyone got any good tips on how I can get some sleep?

I get in to bed and I'm wide awake (although I feel tired!) I've tried:

Having a warm Bath with boots relaxing pregnancy bath stuff
Horlicks
Camomile Tea
Reading in Bed
Eating a Bannana before bed (apparently has something in it to make you sleep!?)

Lastnight I got in to bed at 9ish and woke at 10......was still awake at 12.30 so got up and made myself a drink and watched TV for a bit.......eventually got to sleep around 4ish!

I was up twice in the night, the night before......watching Jeremy Kyle at 3am! SAD!!!!

Getting frustrated!:cry:

Anyone got any good tips on how I can get some sleep?

I get in to bed and I'm wide awake (although I feel tired!) I've tried:

Having a warm Bath with boots relaxing pregnancy bath stuff
Horlicks
Camomile Tea
Reading in Bed
Eating a Bannana before bed (apparently has something in it to make you sleep!?)

Lastnight I got in to bed at 9ish and woke at 10......was still awake at 12.30 so got up and made myself a drink and watched TV for a bit.......eventually got to sleep around 4ish!

I was up twice in the night, the night before......watching Jeremy Kyle at 3am! SAD!!!!

Getting frustrated!:cry:
Im not sure about the banana one, but eating around bedtime is generally a bad idea as when sleeping on a full stomach I think you're more likely to have nightmares as you aren't in a nice deep sleep.

Everything you're doing seems to sound right though, is this a new problem or have you always been a bit of an insomniac??

Maybe a nice massage or something? that always helped me a lot! even though, like you I didn't get loads of sleep in the last few weeks.

Hope that helps

Lil Baby Boo I was the same with my last 5 weeks pregnancy with Rebecca, I couldnt sleep no matter what and its torture. MW's say its common and put it down to anxiety, but seriously u want to hit ur head off walls.

I hope u get some shut eye soon, I cant recommend anything as I was pulling my hair out as nothing worked for me.

good luck chick xxxx

Ive just started having nightmares, so Im not really sleeping either.

I hope you manage to find a remedy for it soon though. & Jeremy Kyle? It's Rikki Lake all the way for me. x

Try going to herbal shop & seeing what can be done :muaha:

My OHs Mum had some tabs for me the other day and everything in them were safe to take in pregnancy just so happened they were past expiry :dohh: so I couldn't take one.

Ohh I can't stand Ricki Lake. I put it on for my pet birds to listen to though! It's always on after the Jeremy Kyle show, which I always enjoy. I love the way he shouts at everyone.

Ohh I can't stand Ricki Lake. I put it on for my pet birds to listen to though! It's always on after the Jeremy Kyle show, which I always enjoy. I love the way he shouts at everyone.
You put on ricki lake for your BIRDS? lol. Thats hilarious.
In saying that though, my cat use to love the song "99 red balloons", or whatever its called. She would sleep through the verse and go mad for the chorus.
And my pet rat would go round in mad circles if ever we'd put on the 'the tweets, birdy song', I use to do it deliberately to drive it mad lol.
ANIMALS EH?

what bout tryin lavender oil on ur pillow

what bout tryin lavender oil on ur pillow

I tried that last night but it didn't do anything......in the end I had to hange my pillow because the smell was getting right up my nose!

Think I managed to drop off about 4am, was having a lovely dream that I was at a Garden Party about to bite in to a tasty looking sandwich & the phone rang.....bloody British Gas!!
Went back to sleep again and was having this dream that I was in a Hotel and I was talking to Dane Bowers (I have no idea why) but I'd told him I'd found this door with 3 teeny TV or box type things, one with 'Hollywood' on another with 'LA' and one with 'New York' I told him I couldn't fit my head in (I thought you had to fit in and you would end up there!?) And he told me just to put my hand on and count from 10 backwards and I'd be there! We both put our hand on LA and started to count, 10, 9........then MIL rung!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!

At least I got some sleep tho......didn't get WOKEN up til 1pm :blush:

You put on ricki lake for your BIRDS? lol. Thats hilarious.

In saying that though, my cat use to love the song "99 red balloons", or whatever its called. She would sleep through the verse and go mad for the chorus.
And my pet rat would go round in mad circles if ever we'd put on the 'the tweets, birdy song', I use to do it deliberately to drive it mad lol.

ANIMALS EH?

Louise, Oh yeah, my birds LOVE Ricki Lake. They sing the whole way through the show, and begin scolding (little chirping noise they make when they're displeased) when the adverts come on. :) Oh I'd love a pet rat. But I probably have enough animals. I have 2 birds, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 3 fish!

Louise, Oh yeah, my birds LOVE Ricki Lake. They sing the whole way through the show, and begin scolding (little chirping noise they make when they're displeased) when the adverts come on. :) Oh I'd love a pet rat. But I probably have enough animals. I have 2 birds, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 3 fish!
Animals really do, do, the funniest things.
What amazes me, is their actually intelligent too.
I have 4 cats, all bread from the same litter so they get on well- anyway, one was ill with pneumonia about 2 months back and as a treat to help him get better, plus for taking his meds, I would give him salmon, tuna, the lot...
As he got better we were putting him back on to catfood etc:
Having pneumonia he use to cough alot, and we would give him heaps of attention as im sure any other pet owner would
- as soon as he went back on catfood, he got greedy and wanted feeding 5/6 times a day & always meowin for food, the funny thing is, if he doesnt get it, he now starts coughing lol.
If we say "No... WAIT!" He will look at us and begin to cough.
We are wise to his little tricks now tho :rofl:
Animals really amuse me.

Animals really do, do, the funniest things.
What amazes me, is their actually intelligent too.
I have 4 cats, all bread from the same litter so they get on well- anyway, one was ill with pneumonia about 2 months back and as a treat to help him get better, plus for taking his meds, I would give him salmon, tuna, the lot...
As he got better we were putting him back on to catfood etc:
Having pneumonia he use to cough alot, and we would give him heaps of attention as im sure any other pet owner would
- as soon as he went back on catfood, he got greedy and wanted feeding 5/6 times a day & always meowin for food, the funny thing is, if he doesnt get it, he now starts coughing lol.
If we say "No... WAIT!" He will look at us and begin to cough.
We are wise to his little tricks now tho :rofl:
Animals really amuse me.

Louise, HAHA! Cool cat. My Jack Russell begins to shake when he's begging for food. Really violently shaking. And as soon as you give him what he wants, he immediately stops shaking. They are so crafty!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->