Sleeping Arrangements for Your Baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by PieMistress, Sep 2, 2009.

1. PieMistress

PieMistress Proud and happy Mummy

:hi:

Just wondering what peeps were planning on putting their baby to sleep in during the day and night? Are you planning on putting them in the same place to sleep? I am not sure whether or not to have something downstairs for them to sleep in during the day (maybe the carrycot from the pram - or is this also what rockers and swings can be used for?)

It's all very confusing!

Am planning on having a crib by my bed for night time sleeps but would like the baby to sleep somewhere else during the day to get used to the difference between a night sleep and a day sleep!

Pie x

2. I am having a basket downstairs for when baby very small (ie when I am doing housework and want to stay very close) I am not a fan of having them sleep in bouncers or whathave you as they cant lie flat which is better for them.
    At night a crib in my room potentially co-sleeping, depends on what suits us.

3. Morgan1986

Morgan1986 Well-Known Member

Ive been wondering this too.......Still unsure if to buy moses basket... xx

4. topazicatzbet

topazicatzbet mummy to 2 boys

im planning on a moses basket downstairs and the cot upstairs, if LO doesnt settle in the cot can always carry the moses basket upstairs on a night.

5. PieMistress

The other thing I'd thought of perhaps using downstairs was a Travel Cot (as we will be getting one anyway) and that way, they would also get used to sleeping in it?

It can be bamboozling (my word of the day!) :)

6. apple84

apple84 Well-Known Member

At night I'm actually hoping to put my little guy in a crib right from the beginning (swaddled though, so he's nice and cozy even in a big crib). During the day I'll probably use either the crib again or the playpen. My house is one floor, so I don't think I'd need anything else.

7. sun

sun Mum of 3

Mine is sleeping in a bassinette beside our bed for the first 2-3 months, which is portable and I can take it around with me. Then the plan is to buy a crib LOL - hopefully we will have a place with room for it!!! (We are moving cities soon after LO is born so I don't know what our house will look like yet )
    xx

8. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

Our LO will be in a crib in our room, during the day and night (we'll be in an apartment so no upstairs/downstairs for us). He'll stay in our room untill he is sleeping through so that he doesn't wake up our DD who is (finally!) mostly sleeping through the night (teething now though so wakes up 1-2 times).

9. BumpyButtons

BumpyButtons Guest

with DS i used a moses basket which i carried from upstairs to downstairs. its light and easily transportable, so will be doing the same for my DD:flower:

10. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I'm going with crib in our room for the night, at least until he's not waking up every few hours for food.
    During the day I was thinking carrycot/pram downstairs if we want to keep him close, or he can go in the crib upstairs (with a baby monitor of course).
    Once he starts sleeping better he can go into the cot in his own room.

That's the plan anyway....

I think babies will sleep in rocker chairs/car seats/playmats/wherever you put them.

11. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Happy new mummy :)

I have 2 moses baskets one for downstairs in the day and one for upstairs in our room,we dont have room in our bedroom for anything bigger.I got 2 baskets as my hubby works shifts and didnt fancy 3 trips carrying the basket up and down the stairs plus if i was to have a caesarean (sp?) i wouldnt be able to carry the basket at all then.
    I didnt buy new baskets though i got them off e bay and just bought new mattresses.
    We have a cot bed then for once the baby gets bigger but that will be in its own room.

12. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

we're getting an amby natures nest for both day/night time sleeps, only live in a 2bed flat so no upstairs/downstairs to worry about and bubs will only ever be 1 room away.

13. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

We will have lo in moses basket beside our bed at night for at least 6 weeks swaddled. During the day I plan lo to sleep in carrycot of pram and after 4 weeks for big during the day nap I will put into cot upstairs so he/she gets used to the space for the change over :)

14. smartie

smartie 1 Prince, 1 Princess

We have 2 moses baskets, one for upstairs and another to use downstairs.

15. Mitsuko

Mitsuko Are we there yet?

Bubs will have a side-bed in our room for the night

[​IMG]

During the day, he wil either sleep in his playpen

[​IMG]

or in the doomoo seat

[​IMG]

16. PieMistress

Wow I could do with a sleep in one of those DooMoos right now!

Lots of different options and I guess it all depends on your accommodation and whether or not you are using a cot from the beginning.

I think i'll look out for a crib for our room (as a cot won't fit) and then use the pram carrycot (or whatever he/she falls asleep in!) during the day!

I'm confused about whether or not to get a bouncer or a swing but I guess that's a different thread :)

xox