Sleeping arrangements..please help!

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
Hi ladies so I’m only very early pregnant with twins 9plus2 there fraternal. But after speaking with my healthcare provider I’m freaking out i have two single pregnancy’s that are now 2 and 4 but it seems like a whole new ball game preparing for twins she seems to think I’ll have them 36/37 weeks which takes a month off my pregnancy.

So long story short we’re starting to prepare a list for what we need she said they can’t sleep together because they’ll breathe in each other’s carbon monoxide which is really dangerous...
I know I’m going to need two cots eventually but what do I do when there newborn...do I just use the cot straight away? I’m flapping any advice would be much appreciated! xx

They can be in the same cot initially - just don't lay them down face to face. I'd say lay them head to feet, but feet to shoulders is probably better - keeps their little faces clear of the other's feet if they start getting wiggly and kicking.

Didn’t have my home when newborn but once they did come home I had them in seperate cribs but the cribs were next to one another.

Congrats! I always slept easier knowing they were in their own beds but I know people who put their twins in the same crib with success with their heads at opposite ends and feet touching in the middle. I have had a great experience with having 2 mini cribs. The girls were in our bedroom until I was ready to move them to their own room. They fit through our doors without having to be disassembled so when it was time to move them we just slid the mini cribs down the hall. The girls are 19 months now and have lots of room left. They'll be in them until about 2.5 when we'll convert them to a twin bed frame. I hope you find a solution that works for you!

Congrats! I always slept easier knowing they were in their own beds but I know people who put their twins in the same crib with success with their heads at opposite ends and feet touching in the middle. I have had a great experience with having 2 mini cribs. The girls were in our bedroom until I was ready to move them to their own room. They fit through our doors without having to be disassembled so when it was time to move them we just slid the mini cribs down the hall. The girls are 19 months now and have lots of room left. They'll be in them until about 2.5 when we'll convert them to a twin bed frame. I hope you find a solution that works for you!

Ah that’s amazing thank you! We have actually just bought x2 mini cribs like this! Thank you xx

hi! When my boys were born they slept better together so we slept them in one crib. By 10 weeks they were moving around too much so we separated them into their own cribs and they slept much better! We have their cribs in our room so they were in the cribs from day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->