Sleeping bag to toddler duvet?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
DS1 is 21 months old and until the heatwave this summer he always slept in a baby sleeping bag. Obviously when it was too hot we simply let him sleep in his pjs and as the weather has been cooling down I've been putting a light blanket over him. He's woken up in the night a few times in the last week and I think it's because he's feeling cold.

I'm not sure he'll happily sleep in a sleeping bag any more. In fact I think he'll probably just take it off! When did you switch to a toddler duvet?

I would just try it and see, DD had no problem going back into her sleeping bag when it cooled down. Haven't tried her with a duvet yet because she doesn't keep still enough!

Blankets don't typically stay on kids that age... Perhaps just make sure he's dressed warmly.

We use sleeping bags at our house for both kids. Even my DD who is nearly 3 can't keep a blanket on her in the night. She can get out of her sleeping bag easily, but she always leaves it on through the night. She went through a phase of taking her sleeping bag off in the night when she was around a year old, and we'd have to go in and either throw a blanket on her if she was still sleeping or put her back in her sleeping bag if she was awake, but the phase didn't last long.

My girls had duvets from the day they went into a single bed x

I would give it a go and see if he likes it or kicks it off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->