• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sleeping face down, help.

babypowder

Reaction score
Hello

My LO has started sleeping face down, I mean face mashed into the mattress with his nose and mouth fully covered. I keep moving him but he rolls back to that position.

He wriggles all around his cot and as a result I am going to take his little comfort blanket off him as he often ends up face down on that.

It worries me, help :cry: x

same problem here! literally face down!
it worries me a lot too, but i guess if he couldnt breathe, hopefully he'd move?

I hope so too. It's horrible isn't it! I keep moving him but he just wiggles back. Argh! x

My LO started doing that at exactly the same age as yours! I posted on here about it too.

As long as they can freely move by themselves, they're not in any danger. If they feel they can't breathe, their natural reflexes kick in and they'll move.

I didn't sleep for about 2 months when my LO started doing it though :haha:

How strange! Did your LO stop again?...I'm not sleeping well and if I wake up and he's like that I move pretty fast. Typically then disturb him! I'll bear your advice in mind (and continue to move him probably ;)) Thank you x

FSIDS suggest turning your baby back onto their backs if they are under 6 months, so although it would worry me too, I would probably try not to worry too much, just make sur eyour baby can't overheat or there's no other reason for your baby to get into a very deep sleep which might prevent him waking or turning back over if he needed too.

I don't think there's much danger of him getting into a deep sleep, he doesn't rate sleep that highly ;) Thank you for your help x

Amelias been doing this for the last month! I flip her back she goes straight back over sigghhh x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"