Sleeping in?

A

AppleBlossom

Grace usually wakes up in the morning about 6-6.30ish. I usually bring her in to my room and give her a bottle and then put her back to bed (I DO NOT function well at 6am) but she goes back to sleep anyway and will wake up again between 9.30-10.30 depending what time she woke up previously. I don't know whether I'm doing a bad thing by letting her go back to bed. If she doesn't go back, she will have a nap at around 10.30-11ish anyway. But I feel like I should be keeping her awake once she is up at 6.30. Should I or am I alright to put her back so we can both get a few extra hours? I keep reading on here about how your LO's get up at 7 and have breakfast and get dressed and are out the door by 9.30 and it makes me feel like me and Grace are super lazy!

Hannah gets up at 7 and plays alone in her crib for 30-45 minutes, once she gets cranky we go in and give her her bottle and breakfast. She than plays on the floor while I eat and than I feed her and dress her for the day. Usually done by 9 sometimes 9:30. She takes a nap in the mornings anywhere between 9:30-10ish for an hour to two hours.

But I say do what works best for you!

Brooke is the same Bex, im not worried id rather let her sleep when she wants than me a complete grump all day because i made her get up early :lol:

I guess so. Well I suppose it works for both of us. She isn't so cranky and neither am I :) neither of us are morning people. I just feel like our daily routine should start at like 7 and not 10.30!

Vickie, Hannah sounds like an angel! I couldn't get Grace to sit still for more than 30 seconds. Trying to eat my lunch today and I had to drag her away from the fireplace so many times it took me 10 minutes to finish a packet of crisps!!

Hannah an angel :shock:

no no she's into absolutely everything :rofl: but she does play by herself sometimes

:rofl: ok an angel compared to Grace. Need eyes in the back of my head with that one and that's before she can walk... you know when you just KNOW they're going to be a handful when they get older?!

oh Hannah's into everything but our apartment is fairly small and compact so I can see her unless I'm in the bedroom or washroom. Mostly she chases the cats in the mornings and tries to play with my computer cords :rofl: oh and whenever I'm eating she begs for food at my feet

Oh how I'd LOVE to do what you're doing! My LO has just started waking up at 5 am instead of 6:hissy:
So if you can get those extra hours, I'd say go for it and ENJOY! :sleep: It's not going to do any harm for you both to be rested. Send us some of those sleepy vibes, too... ;)

Lucky. Kathryn wakes up @ 7 and is just to energetic to go back to sleep. DH usually get up with her though (so sweet of him, I'm NOT a morning person) to change her feed her and put her in the jumperoo for up to an hour so we can sleep a bit more (she's ok with not getting attention in the am), if he's not working or is working late he will let me sleep in (the other day he didn't have work until 2 and he let me sleep until 12pm :shock: he's so good to me :cry:), cause I just hate hate hate waking up very early.

we just play it by ear. some mornings she'll go back to sleep, others she wont. hence why i'm sat here at not even 6 o'clock!! she's been up since 4!! i love it when i can put her back down, she never sleeps as long as grace tho, she'll be up by 8.30 most mornings. i always feel guilty tho cos my mum tells me i should be up early and cleaning whilst she's asleep! i just cant do it tho, if i'm gona get up early i need to set my alarm...which wakes katie up!!

Hello. I used to go back to bed with Toby but now im back at work part time I have had to keep him up in the mornings now to get him used to leaving the house early which he is fine with, he will just have a nap mid morning. He goes to bed quite early anyway, he is usually asleep by 6.30 and he wakes up around 7am. xx

Carry on doing what your doing and enjoy your sleep!! I wish Tye would sleep that late, I am really really not a morning person! What time does she go off at night?

She goes to sleep between 7-8 depending what mood she's in and sometimes wakes up at around midnight x

There is no way I could get up between 6 and 7. Meadow gets up between 9-10. Thats my limit right now... isnt it still dark at 6? :rofl:

yes, it is still dark at 6! (it isn't pitch black, but it's not completely light) This morning I was up at 6, had a wash on by 6.05 and had done the washing up by 6.30 while Ally was sitting in his high chair having his milk.

Bexy, I'm so jealous. I want a lie in so badly. I feel like I've had a lie in if he sleeps til 7 tho!

Im sort of doing the same things as you Ellie wakes up anywhere between 6.30-7.30 i hate mornings and refuse to get up before 8 at least lol. So i tend to feed her and she will most mornings go back down for abit sometimes she doesnt though so im forced to get up she usually will go back down til 8/8.30 then we get up dressed and fed and she has a sleep about 10/11. I wish she'd go back down every morning. Id enjoy it while you can.

I do exactly to same with holly as i do not function at all in the mornings - i might try and get her up earlier cos when i go back to work i have to start at 7am so should try and really make an effort to start my day earlier instead of getting used to these lie ins!!

Me and Lexie are lazy too. :lol: She wakes up about 8am for her bottle, then I keep her in my bed from then, and we both doze off for a couple more hours sleep. If we have a really good lie in, we get up about 10:30-11:00. Lol, I know that's late but she's as bad as me for sleep. But usually it's around 10:00. There is days where she won't go back to sleep, so we have to get up. But it's still not early early, it's about 9. :) I was thinking the same about getting up when she wakes up. But I can't motivate myself to move at 8 in morning lol.

Tom gets up at 6-6.30 and goes back to sleep til about 7-8ish has some milk and goes down again til about 10ish then we get up and have breakfast etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->