Sleeping on belly?

kandbumpx

Reaction score
:/ no nasty comments please!

So my LO bed time is 6-7pm.. But I've been up with her since then as she won't settle she'll only settle laid with me or if she's on her belly. I can't sit up all night with her :/ so would you let her sleep on her belly in her cot? I don't really want to do it.. I let her through the day if she naps but I can keep an eye on her.
She's 5 months old now.. Do you think it'll be ok or not? :/

I'll see how she goes then.. I probably won't sleep much though for worrying :/ lol

At 5 months they can turn on their front on their own anyway.

My twins always preferred sleeping on their front.

Ever since Liam figured out how to roll from back to front at 5 months he started sleeping on his belly. We haven't had any problems. I tried to move him back on to his back at first but he would only end up flipping right back anyways. He is fine on his belly!

Sophie quite often sleeps on her belly now. I put her down on her back if she'll go to sleep easily, if she struggles I put her on her side (she falls asleep better then). But she normally ends up on her side/tummy anyway in the night. I figure now she can roll both ways on her own I'm fine with her doing that!!

i was on about this with health visitor uva month they say if lo can comfortably roll from front to back then back over again its fine for them to sleep on tummy as they can roll back over if they need to but she said if lo rolls onto tummy but cant roll back then its best not to we dont do it yet cos she gets stuck on her belly and rubs her face in the mattress and gets stressed so if she rolls onto her tun in cot we put her back on her back when she learns how to roll back then we will just leave her :)

She can't roll from belly to back .. She struggles doing it she also struggles rolling back to front :/

My wee girl has been sleeping on her front since about 5 months. I discussed it with my HV about 5/6 weeks ago as i was worried about SIDS and she said that her brain is mature enough at that age to turn her head to the side if she is having trouble breathing. Made me feel a bit better when she said that but still doesnt stop me checking on her a couple of times through the night lol x

my newborn sleeps on his front on me, my older ds always prefferred on his fron too

Think I'll do it tonight then :).. I was too scared to last night haha

Is it really worth the risk involved is what you need to ask yourself. Sorry to lower the tone here but being an angel mum I find it hard not to say something. My friend lost her little boy at 6 months to cot death. If your baby can roll front to back then give it a go but if he/she can't it really is not worth the risk.
I personally wouldn't dare try it but then I am very concious with LO after our son died. She sleeps feet to foot, settles with a dummy, sleeps in a grow bag, has a sensor monitor, is never too hot or cold etc but this is my way of doing things. Seriously consider it all before trying xx

Thing is, the second I put my LO down for bed she either rolls on her side or her tummy, there's nothing much I can do about it :(.

Don't worry Lauki, once they can roll you really can't do anything about it and the risk goes down a LOT. Ever since Maria learnt to roll onto her tummy (6 months) she has slept on her tummy.

Good =)! I didn't fancy going in 30 times a night to put her back on her back (and 10 times a night because she wakes up :haha:).

My LO has started rolling on to his front. The first 3 or 4 nights I thought he was doing it by accident so I kept waking up and popping him back on his back about every hour. Turns out I can't stop the little blighter so on his front he goes! He's also started sleeping so much longer (which worries me and has resulted in me poking him every hour or two, poor little munchkin!) If they are rolling around there's just not much you can do. My HV did say be wary of blankets as they can wriggle underneath them though x

That's why we use a sleeping bag. Sophie ends up in the most silly positions, I wouldn't feel comfortable using blankets (would result in her waking another 10 times from being cold anyway!!).

I use blankets cos Maria gets too hot in a sleeping bag but I use light cotton cellular blankets, and they've never ended up over her face (though she often bunches them up and uses them as a pillow :dohh:)

My boy was sleeping on his belly since he is 5 weeks old. He loves it and we have good nights (for a 3 month old). Do you have a monitor?

I was fighting him to sleep on his back but he will always wakes up and couldn't fall back asleep. I am always worries, but I prefer him to be a happy banny then me to be happy he is on his back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->