Sleeping on belly?

I put my little one down on her back but she always turns onto her front. I have tried turning her back but generally she wakes up and gets grumpy and when I put her back down she just turns back onto her front again. She's nearly five months old. I think babies just decide how they want to sleep in the end.

my lo tummy sleeps too, he really won't settle on his back!

I figure if the worst was to happen we'd forever question every tiny detail regardless of how he was sleeping

He sleeps 6 hours on his front instead of waking every half hour on his back, which do you think is better for his development??

Sorry just read back on this thread :dohh:.. I don't have a monitor no.. 2 nights she slept on her belly and STTN!! Wooooo :)

Sorry just read back on this thread :dohh:.. I don't have a monitor no.. 2 nights she slept on her belly and STTN!! Wooooo :)

The very fact that babies sleep longer and deeper when in the prone position is exactly what is thought to increase the risk of SIDS. :nope:

FSIDS suggest that if your baby rolls onto it's front to sleep prior to 6 months old, you turn them onto their backs again.

My LO has started to roll onto her front sometimes at night. (she sleeps in her carrycot until we go to bed). We co-sleep once I go to bed, so she can't roll over then, but if she turns onto her tummy prior to that I either turn her back, or if she is restless and keeps turning onto her front, hold/feed her until she's in a deeper sleep again.

It's just not worth the risk IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->