Sleeping on tummy...when to stop?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by xxxjacxxx, Oct 10, 2008.

1. xxxjacxxx

xxxjacxxx My Eggo is Preggo!

Hi girls

I am 11w 2d today and can still quite comfortably sleep lying on my tummy. I do have quite a bit of a baby bump already but even so, it doesnt feel uncomfy.

When should I stop doing this?

Thanks xx

2. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

I slept on my tummy for both of my full-term babies, and what I did was put a pillow sort of under my one leg that was bent up by the knee, and that created a space to allow my tummy without feeling too squished. My OB said that if I could do it, and it was comfy to just go for it because the baby is well protected.

3. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

I was wondering this also as thats the only way i can get to sleep

4. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I slept on my tummy until it was no longer comfy

5. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

I too slept on my stomach until it was uncomfortable to lay on it - this was somewhere in second tri. can't remember exactly when.

6. magicvw

magicvw Hoping for a 3rd

Yeah me too - you will know when to stop because it will feel horrible! I think it was mid 2nd tri for me. If it feels ok, I don't think it does any harm - please correct me if I'm wrong!

7. xxxjacxxx

xxxjacxxx My Eggo is Preggo!

Thanks girls.......I do fall asleep sort of on my side but tipped more to my tummy with a pillow under my legs but I quite often wake up and find myself laying flat on my tummy.

I was just a bit concerned about whether it was safe, so thanks for your advice xx

8. LuluBee

LuluBee Mummy to Alex

I always slept like that and got woried so bought a pregnancy pillow - which helped make things more comfy as I got bigger and kind of trained me to sleep on my side. Now I don't use the pillow - there's not much room for it in the bed anymore :rofl: but can sleep really well on my side. I'd recommend one if you start getting achey or worrying about sleeping :hugs: