sleeping positions

candyqueen

Reaction score
hello everyone!
I have always slept on my stomach but I was wondering if this can squash the baby? I was also wondering if I'm supposed to feel something there when I'm not very far along?
thanks so much for your help!
CQ.

I don't think it would harm the baby, but for sure later you will feel uncomfortable sleeping on that position. I don't sleep exactly on my belly, but sometime I like sleeping on my side slightly facing down, something like 45 degree, with my belly touching the bed. Sometime this position gives me backache, and I have to switch and sleep on my back.

Don't worry about the symptoms. Everybody is different. Some people have strong morning sickness, while some other may be absolutely fine.

I used to sleep in my stomach too, but since I found I was pregnant I've found it too uncomfortable and have to sleep on my sides and my back and usually end up wriggling for most of the night to get comfy. oh well. I've only got another 6 months and one week (hopefully) to go.

I slept on my tummy with Eleanor until it felt uncomfortable x

I wish i could sleep on my tummy again but my boobs just wont let me!!

i still sleep on my belly... cant sleep any other way at the moment

i have always slept on my stomach & will continue to do so untill it feel uncomphy but i have found that i have been sleeping on my left side too automatically where i normally wouldnt.

I couldn't sleep on my tummy when pg with Poppy as my boobs were too sore. They're ok this time though so i sleep on my front till my back starts to hurt.

I know you're meant to sleep on your left side when pg but think that's when you're futher along.

I'm still sleeping on my tummy. I asked my doc because I was worried I'd squish peanut. Doc said to sleep in whatever position is most comfortable. Apparently I can sleep on my tummy until it's not comfortable anymore, and peanut will be just fine.

I love to sleep on my stomach (even though my chiropractor gives me hell for it lol) but I can't now because my boobs hurt when I do. Sometimes I end up rolling onto my tummy in my sleep and wake up soooooo uncomfortable.

I'm a belly sleeper, but ive noticed that ive been sleeping on my left side a heck of a lot more, and even my back.
But i figure, as long as im getting the sleep i need, it doesn't matter what position I'm in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->