Sleeping thru the night!

Chaos

Mum to one =)
Reaction score
I'm SO excited!! Since about 5 weeks Autumn would go to bed at about 8pm and would wake about 3 for a feed and the want to get up about 6am

Well since lat Friday, She skipped that middle of the night feed, sleeping about 9 hrs at night.

Well yesterday was her 10 week birthday. She was very awake in the day. We got up at 9am, she had a 45 minute nap at 1pm, a 20 minute nap at 5pm and went to bed at 830pm. Well she only just woke up at 755am!!!!!!!

11 hrs 25 minutes!!! I cant even begin to tell you how excited I am :happydance:

Of course its no good to me as Im still waking up at 3 to feed her lol

Aww, well done! Ilana used to sleep through until this evil growth spurt/teething. I miss it!

Yay,that fab! :happydance: Hoping Ethan won't be too long till he starts sleeping abit more in the night as he's currently following Autumns old plan..waking up at 3ish for a feed. But he is only 5 weeks old so guess it might be a while longer yet.

oh you are so lucky! how did you do it? or did she just form the routine herself?x

oh you are so lucky! how did you do it? or did she just form the routine herself?x

As soon as her belly button was healed enough to have a proper bath (about 2 weeks) I started a bed time routine.

between 7-9pm feed
bath with Johnsons bed time bubble bath
Turned night light on in the bedroom so it was less stimulating
massage the Johnsons nighttime lotion on her skin
sleep suit
Swaddle
5minute cuddle so she got sleepy then in to bed.

Its to the point now I can put her down while shes still awake and she'll go to sleep.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't magical, it took her 2ish weeks to "get it" that bottle/bath/massage = bed time, but once she did she was really good. At the start she'd wake at about 12 and 4 and want to get up about 6.

Then she dropped to the one 3am feed at night and now shes skipping them totally.

We're working on dropping the swaddle at the moment.

I am very jealous! My LO is 10 weeks tomorrow and no hopes of sleeping through yet. He goes down about 8-9, sometimes wakes at 11.30pm/12, if not 1/2, and then 4/5 .. etc... Sometimes even less and its every 3 hours!

He isn't great at feeding though and doesn't like to take it all in one go. How much does your LO weigh? xx

I am very jealous! My LO is 10 weeks tomorrow and no hopes of sleeping through yet. He goes down about 8-9, sometimes wakes at 11.30pm/12, if not 1/2, and then 4/5 .. etc... Sometimes even less and its every 3 hours!

He isn't great at feeding though and doesn't like to take it all in one go. How much does your LO weigh? xx

On the 30th November she weighed in at 11lb 10.5oz. She takes about 5oz of milk every 4 to 5 hours in the day. In a 24 hour period she takes a total of about 20oz.

Your LO will get there, every baby is different, what works for some might not for others :hugs:I think I just lucked out lol.

im EXTREMELY jealous!!!! lol my lo is nearly 5 months and doesnt sleep through!!! Well done you xxxx

As soon as her belly button was healed enough to have a proper bath (about 2 weeks) I started a bed time routine.

between 7-9pm feed
bath with Johnsons bed time bubble bath
Turned night light on in the bedroom so it was less stimulating
massage the Johnsons nighttime lotion on her skin
sleep suit
Swaddle
5minute cuddle so she got sleepy then in to bed.

Its to the point now I can put her down while shes still awake and she'll go to sleep.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't magical, it took her 2ish weeks to "get it" that bottle/bath/massage = bed time, but once she did she was really good. At the start she'd wake at about 12 and 4 and want to get up about 6.

Then she dropped to the one 3am feed at night and now shes skipping them totally.

We're working on dropping the swaddle at the moment.

thanks! i am def trying thi as soon as his belly button has healed! :flower:

I use the Johnson's night time lotion too and Harris just also started sleeping thru- I think that it helps! :) xx

I have only been able to put Ilana down and have her fall asleep herself a handful of times. Well done!

Well done chaos. Im am jelous.

Zac is doing good. He is now in his own room we bath him around 6.45, then I give him good feed although sometimes he comes off my boob after 10 - 15 mins. Takes maybe 30 - 40 mins for him to finally fall asleep , (he falls asleep but dummy keeps falling out and wakes him )... Has anyone any experience with this .. its driving me nuts. I then dream feed him at around 10 - 10.30 and he wakes around 1 , 3.30 - 4.00 and again at between 6.30 - 7. Its hard going through the night but I dont know how to get him to go for longer any suggestions ?

are you bottle feeding? I know formula allows them to sleep longer.

wow congrats!

sounds like she is awake alot in the day. Jack is seven weeks tomorrow and needs about 3 one and a hour hour naps in the day or he seems to get so cranky and wound up..... maybe he is sleepin to much in the day those. i really don't know.....

That's not true actually. Mine is on BM and he's slept through the night from about 8 weeks! Although with teething now it's all messed up!

That's not true actually. Mine is on BM and he's slept through the night from about 8 weeks! Although with teething now it's all messed up!

Yea, I've got to say I've not really noticed any difference between boob/formula milk. She goes about the same length of time on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->