Sleeping Thru...

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
Should he be by now?? Austin is 6months old, weighs 22lbs (he's HUGE!), eats solids 3 times a day and has bottles (8oz) after. He is STILL waking up 3-4 times a night for a 6-8oz bottle each time! Isn't he big enough that he should be sleeping thru! Charlotte was teeny tiny and only eating solids once a day and was sleeping thru at 18 weeks! :coffee: HELP!

I don't think so! I know loads of babies that didn't sleep through for a year or more. I think I am going to have one of those. :dohh:

My LO is 22 lbs (maybe more!) and still eats 9-12 times per day, including 3-4 times at night. :sigh:

No I think they will do it on their own time, Hayden was nursed but didn't sleep through until 15mo and at 27mo he doesn't lol, it only lasted a couple months. Casen didn't until 11mo

mines 6 months and doesnt sleep through, but 3 to 4 times waking for feeding does seem alot, maybe its habit now!

Yikes! Sounds like we got lucky with Charlye! Thank you all...good luck to all of us w/sleeping thru!

WOW! I sure hope Bryson doesn't change, but he has been only waking once in the night (about 3 or 4 am) for about 3 weeks now and he is a little over 8 weeks old now. He has his last feed at 10pm and then wakes at 3 or 4 and then back to sleep in about 30-45 minutes till about 8am. We talked to his pediatrician who said it was perfectly fine, but boy does he make up for it in the day. Eating 5oz about every 2-3 hours.

Think we got luck with Mia our first she slept through from 12weeks.Finnlay is 5.5mths 20lb and he has 3 meals a day and he has just gone down to waking ince in the night so feels like heaven.Does he have a dummy?,maybe just try him with that and see if he settles without the milk.Finnlay never did though he was just hungry every 3hrs ,can hear his tummy rumblinng away.It will get better hunni.x

I think all kids sleep through when they are good and ready, both my boys where sleeping through by 6 weeks :) Dec would have had his last bottle at 10pm and that would have been him until 6am, same with Dan. I struck lucky twice thats why there will not be a third !!!! lol

Every baby's different, I know it is tough but when he decides he's good and ready, he will do it :hugs: Elyse slept through from 5 weeks until about 5 months then has been sleeping through on and off since.. but my cousin didn't sleep through until 2 years old.

Hey, we were still doing this with Freya when she was 7 months and it was put to us that perhaps it was more habit, so we decided to bite the bullet and stop the bottles in the night, within 3 nights she was sleeping through and has done since. Obviously might not be the case for you but it worked for us.
xx

It's awful but the others are right, just because he should on paper doesn't mean he can or will. Unfortunately they are all different!
My 2 year old STILL doesn't sleep through the night yet my 8 week old is out from 10pm til 9ish am. It's the luck of the draw unfortunately.

I hope things improve soon. xxx

ARGH!!!! My little boy is almost 6 months, and I was wondering the same thing!!

He still wakes up 2 times a night, and it's driving me insane!!! I used to 'not mind' getting up with him, now I'm just mad when he wakes up! LOL.....

I give him Rice Cereal after his last bottle, and he still wakes up. It's very frustrating, and I wish I knew what could help us. :(

Hey, we were still doing this with Freya when she was 7 months and it was put to us that perhaps it was more habit, so we decided to bite the bullet and stop the bottles in the night, within 3 nights she was sleeping through and has done since. Obviously might not be the case for you but it worked for us.
xx

how did you stop the bottles hun? just give a dummy or water or something? xx

xx

how did you stop the bottles, with cc?
did she just wake for feeding, cos my lo wakes to fidget alot aswell.

My 20 month old still doesn't sleep through, obviously neither does my newborn- it's like twins! :lol:

I'm sure she will in her own time though, just waiting for the day!

My 20 month old still doesn't sleep through, obviously neither does my newborn- it's like twins! :lol:

I'm sure she will in her own time though, just waiting for the day!

blimey how do you cope with 2 waking in the night! you must be knackered, :wacko:

what does your older one wake for in the night? cuddles or milk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->