Sleeping with a fan

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
Ever since I've known BF (7 years) he has to sleep with the fan on.

I've just accepted it and I don't mind as long as it's pointed away from us when it's cold like it has been.

When our daughter arrives do you think it will a problem to keep the fan on low or do you think it will bother her?

xx
p.s happy Christmas eve!!!

i think so long as the room temp is normal and the fan isnt pointed directly at the baby then im sure that its ok. x

personally i wouldnt like the idea but it will prob b ok so long as baby is nowhere near.

My OH is the same. Nearer the time of when baby is due I'm going to keep an eye on the temperature during the night to ensure it stays within the recommended range. If it does I don't see a problem - like you say the fan wouldn't be pointing directly at her and moving the air around the room can only be a good thing surely? They must do the same in hot countries!

sleeping with a fan is actually a good thing for baby. Just make sure it's not blowing right on the baby, it helps circulate the air better and helps fight sids :) so fan away :)

I used to be the one that had to have the fan on all the time...the white noise helped me sleep in the city. But when I had my son (who was born in November), I stopped doing it simply because I felt it would be too drafty in the night, but also, I found that I couldn't hear him breathing when the fan was on, and the need to hear that trumped the need for the fan in the end.

i slept with a fan on all summer when archie was small he was fine and the noise of the fan made him sleep for longer

my DH is the SAME way...i thought I was the only one! When our LO is in our room I wont ask him to turn it off. I figure it needs to get used to noise. My SIL said a small fan above the crib (not on the baby) is supposed to help with SIDS in someway (I don't know how, I didn't ask!).

Thanks for the replies I'll just have to make sure the room doesn't get too cold.
I've heard that babies like White noise so it could be a good thing xx

my DH is the SAME way...i thought I was the only one! When our LO is in our room I wont ask him to turn it off. I figure it needs to get used to noise. My SIL said a small fan above the crib (not on the baby) is supposed to help with SIDS in someway (I don't know how, I didn't ask!).

my best friend had a baby die of sids about 3 years ago. We learned after that a fan helps circulate the air and makes it lighter. Doesn't have to be over the crib just in the room even on low. With the lighter air it makes it easier for the baby to breathe. your sil was right :)

I have also read a fan can help prevent SIDS, so it can be a good thing to use one.

im the fan sleeper in our house. it didnt cause a prob with DD2 as she was at the end of my bed and the fan was on me. didnt know about the SIDS connection but handy to know.

Sleeping with a fan is good for a baby, it helps circulate the air and reduces SIDS. I am a person who has to have a fan on all year round or I can't sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->