Sleepless nights = 1 fed up grumpy lady!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by jiggerlypuff, Jun 2, 2011.

1. jiggerlypuff

jiggerlypuff Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone else is suffering with this but I have not had a decent nights sleep since 1st tri, I toss and turn constantly, I'm suffering really badly with heartburn and as soon as I'm over it I need to get up to pee!
    I know they say it's your body getting you ready for the sleepless nights that are to come with baby, but this is a joke I'm convinced if this is the case my baby will never sleep at night lol!

Never suffered like this with my other pregnancy's it's turning me into a real grump as I love my sleep! I would nap in the day but when you have 4 kids running around it's a little hard to do so lol

any one have any tips that might help me get a better nights sleep?

2. sueh81

sueh81 Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way

I was suffering like this for months, I do find that if I don't have a drink too close to bedtime I can sleep for longer - I went to bed last night at 10 and didn't wake up til half 5 I was amazed!! Might sound daft but turning my pillow over also helps coz I love to sleep on a cold pillow!!

3. RaspberryK

RaspberryK Well-Known Member

Aromatherapy! I have an oil burner and use relaxing oils in it at bedtime.
    If once I wake up in the night and can't get back to sleep I go and make a hot milky drink and read for a bit before going back upstairs to try again.
    I have a pregnancy pillow to help me get comfy and I make sure the bedroom is cool too.

x