Sleepless nights and nausea

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by StueyandBecky, Apr 10, 2009.

1. StueyandBecky

StueyandBecky Daddy to Christopher

Awwww, feeling sorry for Becky right now She's getting about 4-6 hours max sleep per night because of her nausea and her stomach feeling heavy. It seems to last most of the day and night without much of a break for her, going to try some of sickness bands later.

Any of you ladies experience the same where it affects your sleep too ?

2. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

I was lucky because I was still able to sleep all night.
    I did wake up sometimes needing a pee and felt the nausea was still there, but I usually got back to sleep ok.

I tried sea-bands and they worked for the mild nausea, but not the really bad stuff. They never stopped me puking.

I am now up every 3 hours every night needing a pee.

Its just one thing after another!!

Give her :hug: from me xx

3. babystar

babystar Guest

I dont have the sickeness but I am having trouble sleeping through the night.. have not slept properly for about 4 wks

4. pootle33

pootle33 Mummy to two boys!

Hi there

My nausea has been worse at night but thankfully the relief came in falling asleep and feeling much better in the morning. In fact, I think lack of sleep can make nausea worse. Could she maybe keep a little snack by the bed for during the night - digestives,rich tea, ginger biscuits? Personally Ifound bananas good as they really fill you up but i know its different things for different people.

Good luck

5. Terri1985

Terri1985 Well-Known Member

Hi, i dont suffer in the morning or daytime with sickness i get it from around 5pm and through the night, very strange but its very hard to sleep when you feel sick, it does make my stomch feel a bit bad too, kinda like being out getting very drunk and feeling awful :rofl: only something much better is causing it :happydance:

6. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

yes ive got it 24hr.
    when spoke to my doctor she said she will give me sickness tablets because i suffered bad in first pregnancy i lost to much weight in short period of time.

7. Rach276

Rach276 Well-Known Member

Mine was awful and I couldnt sleep. I swear when the MS goes the feeling of being able to lie down and not feel ill is amazing. I never thought mine would go away but it did, I had it 24/7 and diddnt eat anything. I used to sit on BnB asking for advice hunched over an Asda Bag for Life :D

8. gracegrace

gracegrace happily pregnant with 2nd

Yes, it's exhausting! :hugs: