sleepy baby

melissa22

Mummy Liam and bump
Reaction score
my little man is 4 week old on sunday and im having abit of trouble feeding him, sometimes im only managing to get 1.5oz down him and he's falling asleep and not finishing the feed, ive tried to change his nappy and wake him but he's having none of it just wondering if anyone has any advice how to keep him awake x

hmm the nappy trick always worked for Hannah, not sure what else to suggest I'm afraid :(

just really struggling, i feel like he's losing out on the feeds, i know he can do it coz he had 4oz this morning and on the last feed he only took an oz and did the same fell asleep x

how's his weight gain? Sometimes baby go through periods of eating less. With Hannah it usually lasted a few days and picked back up

he's gone from 9lb2 2 week ago to 9lb8 now is that ok?

I had the same problem with Seren but changing her nappy normally worked. Have you tried stripping him off before the feed? That helped a bit, so did making sure she didn't have any wind... As long as he is gaining weight at the moment try not to worry too much, but if you are then try speaking to your HV, she will tell you whether the weight gain is okay x

you could also use a cool damp washcloth after he's stripped down. That was recommended to me, but I couldn't bring myself to do so!

We had this problem in the hospital (mainly b/c I had a general for my surgery so LeeAnne was doped up because of it!). She would sleep for 10 hours straight (not kidding you!) so we were told to strip her down, change her diaper and put a damp cloth on her to wake her up!
Oh I long for the days when she will sleep 10 hours at night again LOL

that sounds like a decent weight gain to me--he's not losing weight so that's what is important

Hmm Elyse has similar issues.. she's 3 weeks.. when she does I usually strip her down, so she's just in her onesie (baby vest I believe to you) or in her diaper. She's only slept through ONE diaper change (she must have been veeeeryy sleepy because she HATES when I do this!).. and sometimes I play around with her feet, it annoys her well enough usually to keep her awake. Or I just chatter away at her, that bugs her sometimes enough.

TBH with Elyse all I really have to do is put her into her crib for her to wake up usually then the trick is getting her to take her bottle once she's up :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"