Slightly embarrassed...

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
So yesterday I was having bh one after another for over an hour and a lot of pelvic pressure...this is my 3rd baby but I will say that with my second my contractions started of completely painless and I didn't think I was in labor but because of the consistency I went in one checked and I was definitely in active labor, with this one, every midwife I've seen has told me, you need to call/go in as soon as you feel like you might be in labor because you're going to go fast, so I decided to finally call the on call midwife who instructed me to go in for a labor check...long story short we got our kids to church and they'd go home with our friends that had agreed to keep them and we went in, I was having contractions but they were 7-8 min apart, I was still the same from last week (70% and 1-2 dilated) so I asked to leave instead of walking and getting checked again because I really didn't feel like I was in labor but I wanted to be on the safe side...I guess I just am feeling a little embarrassed even though I told dh I didn't think I was in labor but I wanted to be safe vs sorry especially considering I'm high risk for preterm labor...

You definitely shouldn't be embarrassed! It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially considering your previous births. And that's what that's there for!

So yesterday I was having bh one after another for over an hour and a lot of pelvic pressure...this is my 3rd baby but I will say that with my second my contractions started of completely painless and I didn't think I was in labor but because of the consistency I went in one checked and I was definitely in active labor, with this one, every midwife I've seen has told me, you need to call/go in as soon as you feel like you might be in labor because you're going to go fast, so I decided to finally call the on call midwife who instructed me to go in for a labor check...long story short we got our kids to church and they'd go home with our friends that had agreed to keep them and we went in, I was having contractions but they were 7-8 min apart, I was still the same from last week (70% and 1-2 dilated) so I asked to leave instead of walking and getting checked again because I really didn't feel like I was in labor but I wanted to be on the safe side...I guess I just am feeling a little embarrassed even though I told dh I didn't think I was in labor but I wanted to be safe vs sorry especially considering I'm high risk for preterm labor...

Do not be embarrassed at all!!
My second baby was born on the bathroom floor after a very fast labour delivered by my partner. I wish I went in as soon as I felt twinges but I stayed at home too long. They do come faster! Xx

Don't be embarrassed. I had this the other day, too. I ended up going in and they put me on the monitors and it showed that I was having small but irregular contractions. They weren't very worried, but did tell me to definitely keep an eye on it. I did feel kind of stupid, but I was just trying to protect my baby! We shouldn't feel bad for that!

Don't be embarrassed, it's better to be safe than sorry :hugs:

Thanks Ladies, it's funny how we do this to ourselves! I'm the first one to say "don't be embarrassed, get things checked out, the worst that can happen is they send you home, better to be on the safe side" but it's hard to take you own advice sometimes ;)

:hugs: I'm sure any MW OB you ask will say they would rather do a bunch of tests that come back clean because of a worried mum rather than someone NOT come in and something be seriously wrong.

Especially being high risk for pre term labor it makes sense you were concerned. Just be glad they didn't find anything and treat yourself to a frozen lemonade or something tasty.

Good moms worry about their babies, remember that :hugs:

Why would you be embarassed? They told you to call... it's good to get it checked.

Why would you be embarassed? They told you to call... it's good to get it checked.

True, I know most women feel this way though, especially having to drop my kids with someone and have them be inconvenienced, plus with it being my 3rd I just felt like I should have just trusted my instincts...

My sil is a midwife and she went in thinking she was in labour twice, and was wrong, with her third child. It can be hard to tell, you've done nothing wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->