sling advice please?

cw_249

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 9 week old baby, she was 11lb 15oz born and now weighs about 13lb, but is growing! She is exceptionally tall!

I have never worn any kind of baby carrier before (i have 2 older kids) but i really want to now.

I have been looking around and haven't a clue what to get, and was wondering if i could have some advice please?

I really like the look of the ellaroo wraps, and some of the maitai (?sp) slings. I know the wraps are difficult to do at first, but i was wondering how difficult if i have the time to practice?

Also, i'm only short (5'3) and as i haven't yet lost my extra 4 stone from having lo, i'm a good size 22, maybe even a bit bigger?

Which wraps would be best for me? I also don't want to spend too much as its something i've never done, and if me or lo don't get on with it i can't afford to have wasted too much, but if we do get on ok, then i will quite happily upgrade! I ideally would like something that would last until she was a toddler, but like i say i will upgrade so anything that will last well til she's 7 or 8 months...
Advice would be really appreciated!
thank you x

No advice specifically, as I'm only familiar with the Moby wrap. Eli is already 13 pounds and a tall fellow, though, and it works for him great! Being a stretchy fabric, it's rather amendable to different sizes. :flower:

So, bump for people with more experience! ;)

Thank you, id seen those and wondered, there's a really nice one in mamas and papas too, reviews say its similar but the reviews also sounded like i might struggle to get it on tight for her, do you fine that?

at the moment Im looking at an ellaroo wrap, or possibly.amei tai by ellaroo, and i hope it'll be ok cos im struggling to get advice from anyone with experience.

I'm 5'2'' and these are what I like.

Didymos wrap
Dolcino wrap
Moby wrap
Sleepy wrap
Baby K'tan wrapless wrap
Wrapsody BaliBreeze wrap

Those are what I like for newborns. As they get older this is what I like.

Didymos sling
Ergo
Boba
Kozy Carrier MT
Babyhawk Oh Snap
Becco

since your in the uK theres a seller on facebook called Victoria the silng lady ,she does woven wraps like the Ellaroo but at 1/4 of the price , she cant get quite the same array of bright stripy fabrics but she can sew panels onto the wrap in a print so you get the look of a panel wrap with the benifits of a woven one if that makes sense she also does strechy wraps and mei tai carriers its probably worth a look esp as if you dont get on with it you arent out as much money as with a branded one, and i think she might rent out the slings as well

I am 5'1" and I used the "Sleepy Wrap" for my daughter. She is now 2 years old and I still can use it to put her on my back. I paid $40 for it 2 years ago and I plan on using it again when I have other children.

I tried several other wraps and carriers and like this one most because it was just one long piece of fabric that I could tie as I pleased.

Good luck,
Yolanda Penn
Owner, Ethnic Babies LLC

Thank you, id seen those and wondered, there's a really nice one in mamas and papas too, reviews say its similar but the reviews also sounded like i might struggle to get it on tight for her, do you fine that?

at the moment Im looking at an ellaroo wrap, or possibly.amei tai by ellaroo, and i hope it'll be ok cos im struggling to get advice from anyone with experience.

I haven't found any problems with it so far, and possibly have found a benefit to the stretchier fabric, as sometimes Eli doesn't like to sit so snug to my chest and likes to have a look around. The material allows him to lean his shoulders and head back a bit, while still supporting his body. :)

For a more secure, snug wrap, though, I've heard great recommendations for the woven variety of wraps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->