Sling recommendations please

JMC82

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

I'm pregnant with my 2nd and due in September. I already have a toddler and I thought a sling would be really handy for putting baby in when we're all out at toddler groups and for short walks etc.

I'd be using it from newborn and would like one that would last a while. I would need a unisex one as I'm not getting a gender scan. I'm new to all this so really don't have a clue about the price but would prefer to get one for £50 or less.

Could some of you ladies help me out please with some suggestions? I'd also like it to be pretty which might make it harder since I can't get one that is obviously boy or girl.

Thanks
x

a woven wrap will suit for toddler and newborn (a woman i know in real life used to strap her toddler to back and baby to front at same time using these)

meitais are fab for babys and toddlers...not overly supportive for newborns but its dooable (videos on youtube show how and i've used both woven and meitai with emily so far)

i have a freehand meitai i got from naturalconnection website for £50 and my woven i got preloved

Ive got a Close Baby Carried which I love comfy for me and baby and easy to put on. Will get a Maitai when she is bigger

Thanks ladies, that's really helpful! I'll look into those xx

I would always recommend the ergo, simply because I love mine so much and wish I had discovered it earlier. You can get a newborn insert with it. It's on the higher end of the price range but so worth it IMO. It will last you till toddlerhood. I carry Isla loads in it and she loves it.

PS: beware of fakes being sold on ebay though.

My little one hated the moby, and hated the seven slings, and I went to try a carrier instead of a sling/wrap and went cheap, didn't want to spend another $50 on something that wouldn't work. I ended up getting an infantino carrier for $16 and she LOVES being in it, and it's just plain black, perfect. It works up to 25lbs, and they have more expensive ones that work for heavier kids I think there is one that works up to 50 lbs, but who wants to carry a 50lb baby on their front? By that time I'd be looking for a backpack type carrier.

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll probably only use it for the first 6 months or so but you never know! I might go for longer if I find using one really handy. x

Up untill now iv been using a stretchy wrap and its been great but shes starting to get to heavy for it so im going to get a woven wrap. I have a connecta too but find the wrap is more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->