Slow growing fetal pole, failing pregnancy? Support greatly appreciated

ClassyBlonde

Reaction score
So I found out I was pregnant, roughly about 7 weeks if my dates were when I believed them to be.

I was booked in for an internal ultrasound as I’ve had a history of miscarriages and they wanted to check how everything was going.

In the scan it was measuring at only 5 weeks, they said it was too small to scan and to come back in a weeks time.

I returned a week later to be told that it was only measuring at 5 weeks and 3 days, that it should have grown more than it had and that it was going to be a failing pregnancy. I was told to expect bleeding and that nature would take its course within the next couple of days. I was booked in for a scan in 10 days time to check how things were going.

With no signs of bleeding, just lack of pregnancy symptoms I had my scan today. I was told that it had only grown 1mm and was now measuring at 5 weeks and 5 days. There is no sign of a fetal heartbeat. If I go off the day of my first scan and measuring 5 weeks I should be 8 weeks and 1 day but measuring at only 5 weeks and 5 days.

It seems like it’s growing 1mm every 10 days which is extremely slow and insufficient growth from what I’ve been told.

Due to the guidelines that they have to follow they cannot offer me any options, just a wait it out game. I have another scan booked for a weeks time to see if there is any further growth but I was told it’s a failing pregnancy.

I don’t really know how I’m supposed to feel if I’m honest, me and my partner are trying to come to terms with the fact that we are losing our baby, but it’s a waiting game with scans every 10 days until there is no sign of growth.

They seem sure that the slow growth is an indication of a failing pregnancy, but waiting it out unsure of when or if I’m going to bleed and be in pain is really taking it’s toll on me.

I’m struggling to sleep and eat meals. This is all becoming a bit much for me but there doesn’t seem to be any answers or a way to fix this

I'm so sorry hun :( :hugs:.

So I found out I was pregnant, roughly about 7 weeks if my dates were when I believed them to be.

I was booked in for an internal ultrasound as I’ve had a history of miscarriages and they wanted to check how everything was going.

In the scan it was measuring at only 5 weeks, they said it was too small to scan and to come back in a weeks time.

I returned a week later to be told that it was only measuring at 5 weeks and 3 days, that it should have grown more than it had and that it was going to be a failing pregnancy. I was told to expect bleeding and that nature would take its course within the next couple of days. I was booked in for a scan in 10 days time to check how things were going.

With no signs of bleeding, just lack of pregnancy symptoms I had my scan today. I was told that it had only grown 1mm and was now measuring at 5 weeks and 5 days. There is no sign of a fetal heartbeat. If I go off the day of my first scan and measuring 5 weeks I should be 8 weeks and 1 day but measuring at only 5 weeks and 5 days.

It seems like it’s growing 1mm every 10 days which is extremely slow and insufficient growth from what I’ve been told.

Due to the guidelines that they have to follow they cannot offer me any options, just a wait it out game. I have another scan booked for a weeks time to see if there is any further growth but I was told it’s a failing pregnancy.

I don’t really know how I’m supposed to feel if I’m honest, me and my partner are trying to come to terms with the fact that we are losing our baby, but it’s a waiting game with scans every 10 days until there is no sign of growth.

They seem sure that the slow growth is an indication of a failing pregnancy, but waiting it out unsure of when or if I’m going to bleed and be in pain is really taking it’s toll on me.

I’m struggling to sleep and eat meals. This is all becoming a bit much for me but there doesn’t seem to be any answers or a way to fix this
I'm so sorry hun. I've also had a scan with a baby supposed to be 8 weeks and only measured 5. Started bleeding within a few days and had a natural miscarriage... it was really heartbreaking. I feel your pain. To know and just be in waiting, it's very hard. My prayers are with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->