Slow Heart Rate *Update =(*

Debi

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had abnormal cells removed from my cervix on the 29th of August, and then had a very unexpected but welcome BFP on the 3rd of September. Needless to say I was bleeding on and off for the first couple of weeks due to what I imagine was the treatment I had (LLETZ). I haven't bled now for around a week and a half.

Anyways, I had a "reassurance" scan today at what I thought was around 7 weeks due to the bleeding i had. I thought it would have been a transvaginal scan at this stage however it was abdominal. The technician measured baby at 6.2 weeks (probs about a week out), it took her a while to find the FH and when she did she said that it was slow :cry: I didn't catch what it actually was, however, I've to go back in a week to see if it has increased.

I'm gutted, don't know what to think. I wish I had told her to do it transvaginally as I'm not convinced of how accurate an abdominal scan would be at this early stage :shrug:

Has anyone had a slow heart rate before early on and things turned out ok?

Thanks.

Update: so i had my scan today and there was no heartbeat. Baby had stopped growing at 6 +2. Absolutely devestated but glad to be finding out now rather than in a few weeks. I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies. Debi xxx

I haven't had this experience but I've read on here and other sites that the heart starts beating early in week six and it starts out slower than speeds up. It's very possible you caught your babies very first day or two of heartbeating. Try not to worry I know easier said than done. :hugs:

I haven't had this experience but I've read on here and other sites that the heart starts beating early in week six and it starts out slower than speeds up. It's very possible you caught your babies very first day or two of heartbeating. Try not to worry I know easier said than done. :hugs:

Thank you cleckner :hugs:

It's a worry! I'll just have to wait and see I guess. Hopefully my dates are just a wee bit out and it is, as you say, just the very start of baby's heart beating.

Sounds great! Scans can have quite a bit of variance. And abdominal are worse at picking up a heartbeat this early. You are good. Congrats!!!

GREAT SIGN THERE WAS A HEARTBEAT!~ <3

Mine was measuring 6 days behind with a hb of 108 (which they said was on the slow side), two weeks later measuring 4 days behind hb 160, which is totally great! They said it was just early. that was at 6w5d. Now I'm 9w on the nose. Mine were both internal scans, but I don't think it would make a difference if they heard the heartbeat at all, that's a great sign!

At 7 weeks I had a TV scan. I'm surprised yours wasn't too. My baby's hb was a bit slow too. I remember worrying for the longest. I ended up paying for a private scan for reassurance a week or so later. Goodluck Hun!

Thank you ladies, I really appreciate the support. It's a worry, but it's so nice to hear positive outcomes! They said it could go either way... I guess I just have to wait until Tuesday to find out. I keep worrying that my symptoms are dwindling too, but I don't know how much of that's just my worry playing tricks on me :cry:

Perhaps they did an abdominal as it was so soon after Lletz that they didnt want to disturb your healing cervix and cause more bleeding. Our local EPU does not measure the heartrate at all as they believe it is only important that the heart is beating at that early stage. All sounds good, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->