Slow heart rate

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by halloween bby, Jun 4, 2011.

1. halloween bby

halloween bby Member

Hi everyone

wondering if anyone could help as I am really worried. I am almost 18 weeks 6days pregnant and people have said a healthy heart rate for my baby is between 120-160 bpm. My baby's heart rate is only 108 bpm.

Should I be worrying? Please help!

Thanks xx

2. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

I hear around 110-180 is normal - 108 is pretty much 110 so I would say it sounds fine to me.

How are you measuring baby's hb??:flower:

3. AmandaAnn

AmandaAnn Twin Mommy

my doctor considers 100-180 normal. is your doctor/midwife concerned? try not to worry too much, especially if it is consistent. maybe you just have a mellow baby :)

4. halloween bby

halloween bby Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm measuring the HB with a home doppler but it sounds a lot slower today than it did when the midwife had a listen. I haven't contacted a doctor as I wasn't sure whether it was something to worry about. I have had a bit a lazy day so maybe the baby thought he/she'd join! :D

5. AmandaAnn

AmandaAnn Twin Mommy

Are you sure you aren't picking up your own heartrate? It's easy to do, especially down low in the pelvis. If it seems lower than 100 I'd probably give the midwife a call. Better safe than sorry. Good luck!

6. halloween bby

halloween bby Member

I did think that but when I placed it on the other side of the bump I couldn't hear anything at all so I'm not too sure. I have my 20 week scan in a weeks time so fingers crossed everything will be as it's meant to be

xx

7. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

hi hun my LO had a spell of his heart rate going from 80 and then jumping up to 200 & skipping beats as well, it was confirmed at my gender scan that he had an irregular heart rate but it seems to have settled now. 108 sounds ok to me too :) my midwife said it's quite common for the heart beat to change speeds as the heart grows as the pace maker gets thrown out a bit xx

8. nickyXjayno

nickyXjayno Guest

Best thing to do to erase all what if's and worry is give your midwife a bell :).

9. pickle85

pickle85 Guest

Sounds more like your HB Hun x

10. babyhopes2010

babyhopes2010 one boy one girl.perfect!

dont trsut home dopplers hun,wait for a scan im sure everythings fine x