Slow rising HCG, bleeding, thin lining, no sac: Ectopic?

babydustforyu

Reaction score
Hi, just want to share my story. I discovered I was pregnant on July 5th (2014) from home urine test, and had spotting during the next few days. On July 10th I started light bleeding, so I went to the hospital where they took a blood test. My HCG level was 73, and ultrasound could not see anything, except for a thin uterus lining (4mm). The doctor suspected ectopic or chemical pregnancy, as she believed I was around 4 weeks pregnant already. The next 2 days I had heavier bleeding and clots (like period). On July 12th I had another blood test, HCG was 98, ultrasound showed nothing, uterus lining was still thin at around 3mm. On July 14th, had another blood test, HCG now doubled to 200 something. On July 17th, another blood test, HCG now 400 something, ultrasound showed nothing, uterus lining still thin at 3.7mm. My bleeding also subsided until the next day (July 18th). Today (July 19th) had another blood test, HCG at 500 something. Also had bleeding again with clots (though less then the first time). The doctor said I should have another test 2 days later to check if HCG drops...otherwise we are worried it could be ectopic...for now I will rest a lot in bed and eat healthy...thanks for listening and will post updates...

Hi, this sounds very similar to my ectopic. I just wanted to say sorry that your pregnancy seems to be turning out like this, hopefully if this is an ectopic pregnancy they will be able to give you the shot to save your tube like they were able to do with mine as they seem to have caught it very quickly. Take care of yourself, I hope you have lots of support in this difficult time xxx

Thanks for your reply and support. My doc could not see any patches around my tubes yet or free fluid. At what time your doc confirmed your ectopic? Is it around certain HCG level or number of weeks? Coz my doc said had to be around 1000 might have the chance to see the sac. All I feel right now is just waiting and waiting.

I was about 6 weeks when they saw it by ultrasound, by that time I was having a lot of pain so the diagnosis was pretty certain. Sorry I can't remember what my hcg levels were.

Hey, I'm sorry you're having these symptoms. :( I would really just like to suggest waiting until they find the sac before making any decisions. Sometimes ectopics are misdiagnosed when they don't find a sac and perfectly healthy pregnancies are ended. Sometimes it takes up to 6-7 weeks to see anything on the ultrasound (or a differently shaped uterus / tilted uterus might hide the sac), so I would suggest waiting to see whether they find something in one of your tubes before taking the drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->