Slow Rising HCG (formally titled HCG Panic) UPDATE!

tag74

S, L, M & E's Mom
Reaction score
Hi there...

I am 4 week 3 days pregnant after a MC last month.

My HCG on Monday was 122. 48 hours it is 173.

My doctor called and told me to expect another miscarriage. He went as far as to say be near a hospital in case its ectopic. I have another beta scheduled for Friday.

I want a reality check. Any experiences, advice or opinions?

I'm beside myself.

I've been on here a long time and I've seen it go either way when hcg doesn't double early on, but your doc saying you will miscarry is just not correct in my experience. I've seen women post their numbers and some just have hcg to start out slower and then it jumps up and everything is fine. I'd be cautiously optimistic at this point. Good luck on Friday. I hope you have a nice jump in numbers by then.

It can take up to 72 hours for your HCG to double so it could just be that your one of the people that takes longer.

It could go either way . You could just be a slow riser . Hope that is the case for you tag xxxxx

Hoping it's just a slow rise! :hugs: I'm having the same worries tonight because I took another pregnancy test and it didn't darken much. :hugs:

have my fingers crossed. Mine is only 55 at 4 weeks getting a redraw in the morning. Won't be quite 48 hours so we will see. I'm really nervous.

Any news hun? I got my first draw yesterday afternoon and my first # is 188. I go back tomorrow and i'm hoping and praying for a good rise!

Have you heard anything yet about your new levels? Mine only went up to 83 im devastated .... Recheck again in 2 days but I'm not hopeful anymore.

Swimmi, I am very sorry. But keep getting tested.

I self prescribed progesterone as soon as my last numbers came in and were bad. I know I am not out of the woods but my number doubled from Wednesday. They couldn't belive it either. What makes me nervous is that bad beta on Wednesday.

Hang tight!

Thank you Im trying not to be too negative. Guess I will see what my redraw is on Sunday.

I don't like not posting the outcome. I'm still cautious...but this baby is HOLDING on.

My numbers have more than doubled.

DPO Beta Doubling Time
12 13.0 (Undefined)
15 122.0 22.3 hours
17 173.0 95.3 hours
19 344.0 48.4 hours
23 1647.0 42.5 hours

More blood work in 48 hours!

I also am having a CRAZY beta level experience as well. It makes you feel so in limbo. My numbers are as follows:
12 dpo:119
14 dpo: 220
16 dpo : 295 (Bad)
19 dpo ( Not quite 70 hours later): 1234

We went in for an ultrasound and even though they kept saying the most I could be was 4 weeks and 6 days, I know I am only 4 weeks and 4 days at most. I ovulated either day 15 or I think 16. We expected the worst of course and the ultrasound didn't show anything of course which it wouldn't. The doctor came in literally laughing and just told me she has no idea what is going on. She said she expected to deliver me bad news but when she saw my last beta she has no idea! She says it's 50/50. She says its either ectopic, twins, or just a very rare, unexplainable hcg rise. Any thoughts? I am still expecting an ectopic as I don't want to get my self excited again but good news would be amazing! I have a repeat beta draw in 48 hours and a repeat ultrasound in 1 week.

Oh please keep me updated on your story! Follow my journal if you'd like to stay in touch. It IS crazy...weird right? I bet you're okay...your last number was amazing. So did they do the ultrasound? I have everything crossed for you...and me!

Check out betabase.info also and you can keep track of your numbers.

mine went up to 179 :) so i doubled this time in about 52 hours. I hate that mine is still so low. Gonna redraw tomorrow afternoon. I really hope all of us have sticky buns!

52 hours is still amazing...they really only want to see 60% in 48 hours. Stay positive...read the book Mind over Medicine! xo

this is the one time i hate being a nurse lol because I know my odds and have such a hard time looking at the positives. I have 3 days off coming up hopefully i can just go for a hike and go back to being positive.

You know I've been stalking this thread Tag :winkwink: Just decided I should finally show myself! I've got all the good vibes and prayers going for you mama!

I wish all of you ladies the best of luck. My doctor literally told me she had no idea what was going on. I had myself convinced my levels hadn't gone up much so I wasn't actually anxious. When she said my levels went from 295 to 1234 in 70 hours I was shocked. I couldn't even answer any questions. It your levels look fine. They have sped up doubling and I am sure that you will be ok. They did the ultrasound but of course couldn't see anything because my hcg level wasn't 1500. She said that she didn't see anything in my tube but again super early. She gave me 3 options: it's ectopic, its twins, or its just a freaky weird hcg level due to being so early in pregnancy. After today, I feel calm and prepared for whatever ask I realized that you really can't predict what's going to happen based on hcg levels. Everyone is so very different. I definitely think next time I won't have my hcg monitored. It causes so much anxiety!!!! I get another hcg draw in 2 days so I guess we will see!!!!

That is so crazy Mommy2be! I'm really interested to see if it ends up being twins. Ectopic sounds unlikely with that sort of jump I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->