Slow Rising HcG. Success Stories?

NavyLadybug

Mom to Magnus & Lyle
Reaction score
So I started having brown discharge a couple of days ago and went to the Dr. To make the story short here's the gist:

Day 1, Morning: Go in, have HCG levels taken and an ultrasound. Dr is NOT an OB (I was not told this:growlmad:) and didn't know how to work the u/s machine or read an u/s properly. We were told that at 8w1d there was no gestational sac and my HcG levels were 2100. To low for 8w1d. Suspected Missed Miscarriage or possibly even an ectopic.

Day 1, Evening: Went into ER for fear of ectopic and ER u/s tech found a gestational sac! There was no fetal pole (which I know can be normal at that measurment) It measured 5w3d and my HcG was 2143 ER Dr told me it could be one of two things, either a missed miscarriage or a threatened miscarriage where my dating was off (I have PCOS, so a wrong dating is possible)

Day 2, Morning of Today: Have a consult with my OB Nurse, she was APPALLED they had the previous Dr give me an u/s. She ordered more Hcg and reassured me that a gestational sac that size with no fetal pole and a level of 2100 was perfectly normal in many cases. My hcg today, a full 24 hours after the initial one, is only 2180. Because of this, I feel like I'm in the middle of a missed miscarriage because my Dr really doesn't like the numbers, but my husband wants to have hope that everything will be ok. I go in tomorrow for another HcG level but I won't get the results until Mon.

Has anyone had slow rising HcG levels and gone on to have a h&h pregnancy? I'm so numb and terrified of losing this baby. This will be my 3rd loss this year after the first two being CPs. I was so hopeful for this baby. :cry::cry::cry:

I do not have any advice unfortunately but I wanted to offer you lots of :hugs: and to tell you that you are not alone. I am 8w1d today going by my predicted ovulation day and going through a similar situation.

I had an early scan at what was supposed to be 7 weeks exactly because of recurrent losses. We saw a gestational sac measuring 6w6d and a yolk sac... no fetal pole. My hcg levels were drawn and were at 29,000. Though this was actually considered "normal" in terms of what my midwife thought since there is a wide range of normal, my levels typically run on the higher side so this was actually low for me. I was re-scheduled for another ultrasound.

At my second ultrasound with a different tech, we found an embryo measuring 6w3d with no heartbeat. The tech said it didn't look like there was much change in the gestational sac or the yolk sac, which is supposed to shrink at 7 weeks, and since I was 7w5d, they said things weren't looking good. I get home all depressed and spend the rest of the day trying to notice any little twinge, cramp, constantly checking the TP for blood, thinking I'm going to mc. My midwife calls me later and says my betas came back at 41,000! They were not doubling but still rising, albeit slowly.

Despite this my midwife warned me to prepare for the worst and said she believes I have a "blighted ovum". Since she believes the baby died last week, she said I could miscarry anytime but if I didn't start bleeding on my own to come back 4 weeks later for a D&C. I am waiting it out. I believe that my baby may just be growing at a slower pace that what is "average" but that doesn't mean it won't eventually catch up. I think maybe this is what is happening to your bub too, especially since your levels are still slowly rising and they saw improvement at the second ultrasound.

I am so sorry this is happening. Its so unbelievably devastating when you go through something like this.
I don't have a success story but I didn't want to read and run.
Praying for you<3

We ended up in the ER today, we lost the babyand I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. Thank you both for the stories and/or support

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. :hugs: I lost multiple babies before they put me on Prednisone and Lovenox this time around. I don't know if the same would help you, but I just want to say that there is hope after multiple losses. I hope you get your rainbow very, very soon. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->