Slower Development???

Lara+sam+bump

Reaction score
Hiya, probs worrying about nothing. But Noah seems very behind all my friends babies and alot of the babies on here. He makes no attempts to roll over, is still perfectly happy to lay flat on his back. Still dont know he has feet (i.e- not trying to grab them) cant look and grab things, still at the swiping stage, altho with a little more accuracy. Not trying to sit up and not interested in sitting whilst in pram, prefers to lay flat. He is smiling and cooing and giggling at things, just physically he is pretty much the same as he was when a few weeks old :dohh: Just wondering if anyone elses LO's were the same?? xxxx

hi hun alys is still not interested in rolling shes only done it a few times with encouragement and shes over 6months hun, some babies dont roll atall. shes sitting unsupported for a bit now but she isnt interested in trying to crawl cos she loves her walker to much! dont worry he'll get there and surprise you, and if you're really concerned talk to your HV

xxx

Hey hun liam made no attempt to roll over neither just did it at 4 months which i thought was early as my nephew was 7 months old before he did this.. Should be happy you dont have a squirmer lol nappy changes are terrible after they start that!

All babies are different and do things at different stages. Leo didnt sit up at all untill 6 months, didnt roll over untill 7 months... Dont worry x

Hey hun liam made no attempt to roll over neither just did it at 4 months which i thought was early as my nephew was 7 months old before he did this.. Should be happy you dont have a squirmer lol nappy changes are terrible after they start that!

I agree!! Nappy changes are a nightmare here. Tries to roll onto his front every two seconds x

Renah didn't even lift her HEAD on her belly until 4.5 months!!! She just physically couldn't. You should see her now. Won't keep still for a second and almost walking at 9 months! They all catch up eventually

i agree each child is different i cant compare any of mine each one different the eldest never crawled or bum shuffled she just one day found her feet and manovered around furniture the second belly shuffled then crawled my third ive just got to wait and see

LeeAnne is slower at reaching milestones! She just started rolling over at 5.5m and is now 6m and wont sit up! All babies are different!

Oh and its so true about changing diapers with a baby trying to roll! Not easy!!

Darwin found his feet at 6 months, didn't grab toys accurately until 3.5 months (4 months before he was grabbing with two hands), rolled front to back at four months and didn't go from his back to his front until seven months. He could sit up at six months but only just started sitting up unassisted for long periods of time and he's eight months now. He's still not crawling; having figured out how to roll both ways, he just rolls over & over until he gets to where he wants to be! He was born at 36 weeks, but doc says he's caught up and all his developmental milestones are on track - we felt like some of these things were late, she says he's totally fine. I try not to compare him to other people's babies - he does things in his own time when he's good and ready and that's just the way he is!

Some babies are less active, and don't have the desire to roll, reach, sit up (etc.) even though they might have the ability - they're content to lie still and watch the world go by. Boys also tend to develop a bit slower than girls. I wouldn't worry, he sounds fine to me! :)

amy didnt roll til she was 9mths, stood and walked the furniture before she crawled, so i wouldnt worry, different things at different times, plus when they move around more nappy changes are a nightmare, the ony way i can get a nappy on amy is when she is standing, and i have to be real quick!!!

Ruby has no interest in rolling whatsoever at 4 months. However, she makes a lot of babbling noises 'ga, lah, oooh' and can almost sit up unaided. So every baby is different...:)

Dylan didn't roll till after 4 months, didn't grab his feet until about 4 months, is just starting to sit up now. He only started grabbing things at about 11 weeks but didn't start grabbing things accurately until he was older, can't remember exactly when. Don't worry, he's still only very young, they start doing loads of things around the 6 month mark.

I totally have to agree, all babies develop at different paces. As someone who has always worried about when my son would hit certain milestones..if any (he was born very prematurely and had health issues)...I can share what I have learned =)

It's proven that babies are slower to reach certain milestones because of safe sleeping on their backs. Here's an article about that.

Also bigger babies (in the 95th percentile) tend to reach their gross motor skills later, I don't know if you have a bigger baby..but I just thought I would share that.

Also the average age and I say that loosely since all babies develop very differently...is between 3 - 6 months.

I know it's really hard to not compare your baby to other babies, or at least it can be for me at times. Mostly because I was told he wouldn't do these things..but also because it's just natural to want your child to succeed!

But just let your LO develop in their own time. If you want to help his neck muscle, head control and upper body strength...LOTS of tummy time. I mean any time you can, put him on his tummy. If he doesn't like being totally flat, roll up a blanket or something (even your boppy or breast feeding pillow works if you have one..even a towel) and put it under his armpits across his chest. This makes it less tiring and easier for him to do tummy time longer.

I have a Occupational Therapist who comes to see my little guy, just to make sure he is on track... its part of being a preemie. And she's the one who taught me about all this stuff. So I guess it works!

Good luck, and he will get there!!

I still feel like this, although i know really it's silly comparing them to other babies, i cant help it some times.

Right now ive read a post about a 6 month old begining to walk and things-elliot wasnt even crawling at 6 months!

keely.

I used to worry about Joseph but as others have said, all babies develop at different rates. Joseph didn't start rolling over til he was about 5 months old, he started sitting up at around 7 months and started crawling properly at about 9 months. They all get there eventually :D xx

I still feel like this, although i know really it's silly comparing them to other babies, i cant help it some times.

Right now ive read a post about a 6 month old begining to walk and things-elliot wasnt even crawling at 6 months!

keely.

That's one baby!! And SOO NOT the norm!

Charlotte doesnt sit up and she only rolls from her tummy to her back, she only rolls to her side from her back and gives up and shes 6mth. I wouldnt worry x

Hi hun, don't worry, he'll develop at his own pace. Theo is just past 4 months and isn't attempting rolling either, he just loves laying there on his back xx

i dont think you need to worry all babys are different i have a friend our babys are always hanging out together her bubs 8 months and gabrielles 6 months and gabrielle sits up and bum shuffels has been pulling her self up since about 3-4 months she has actully stood for a few seconds for the last 2 days she also pushes the vacum cleaner around lol she goes on her hands and knees but seems to have no interest in crawling and has been rolling over for months but angel started crawling before rolling over and wont sit up at all and has only just started pulling herself up on things we also have so all babys are different i think it also depends on what they disscover first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->