• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Slowly loosing hope

Chnima

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm unsure of my LMP and usually have longer cycles and ovulate late. I got my BFP on the 31st of July and have been spotting on and off since the 10th. My GP sent me for an early scan on the 11th and the songrapher said it was to early to see anything and that I might have been around 4 weeks pregnant. Since I was still spotting my GP referred me to an OB saying that he could prescribe progesterone pessaries since I'd used them in my last pregnancy . At the OBs office he did a transvaginal scan and said that my baby has died and I need to go in for a D&c next week since he was going to be in theatre and has a slot!!!! I then went back to my Gp and got referral for the hcg blood tests and the levels have been doubling appropriately. Isn't it too early to consider a D&C since we dint see anything last week? But I'm still spotting on & off

I'm sorry you're going through this <3 spotting can be very normal. Have you had another scan ? I would request one before a D&C especially after your blood tests show your hcg doubling .
Hoping for a positive outcome <3

I don't think it is impossible for hormone rates to keep doubling during a MC but it is very unusual.

How many weeks should you be now? Could the OB see a baby on your second US? Usually they are quite cautious about telling you until they are sure but I would have expected the OB to have waited for the blood results before booking a D&C. I'm assuming he saw something that convinced him you are having a MC (maybe the lack of a heartbeat?). Still it doesn't seem to quite add up. I don't want to give false hope because usually they do get it right but it is not impossible for mistakes to be made. A situation like this can happen when their were twins and one dies but the other is okay for example. Under the circumstances I'd want better answers and at least another ultrasound or more bloods before a D&C. Of course even if it is a MC you don't have to have the D&C, unless there are complications you can choose a natural MC.

Thanks for the support BunnyN. The OB said he could see a baby but" it was dead " were his words. I think I might be between 5 and 6 weeks and with DD we don't see anything much until 8 weeks. What made me most upset was the way he treated the issue , he wasn't supportive and dint even say let's wait and get another ultrasound. He just said it's not good come in to the hospital on Thursday for the D&C .

That's really awful of your doctor to treat your situation like that. I would definitely complain. I had an issue with a doctor's bedside manner during my mmc, and it felt really good to complain. It is not the time to deal with rude people!

I would definitely make sure you get another scan before rushing into any decisions or being pressured into anything. It's your body. You decide, no one else.

Ask to see someone else sweetie. And try and get another scan sometimes a heartbeat cant be seen so early. Good luckxx

I didn't see my baby with a heartbeat until 6+6. I had a scan at 5+6 and couldn't see much at all! I would definitely book another scan. I hope it's the best outcome possible for you. X

Thank you all for your support. Have a scan booked for Monday, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to see my jelly bean then but will definitely be seeing a different OB with better bedside manners.

I think probably he could tell from the development of the baby that it should have had a heartbeat and he didn't find one. He could be right but really should have treated the situation better. It also seems like his conclusions were a little rushed. The fact that your bloods are doubling means it is worth double checking for sure. The wait in limbo until Monday will be horrid. Will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes.

I've also noticed that the spotting happens only once a day and it's in the evening .. Not sure what's going on there

Spotting can be the start of a MC but it is also very common during a healthy pregnancy so doesn't proove anything in itself. It could be at the end of the day because it happens after you have been moving about all day. Is the spotting red or brown?

I had a scan yesterday , we were unable to see a heart beat but there was big change from what we saw at the OB's office. We were able to clearly see a yolk sac & fetal pole and the sonographer said that we were seeing what we're supposed to see at this stage and has asked us to get a repeat scan on the 4th of September.

I'm sorry that you were treated so poorly! Where's the compassion? I've had the same experiences with stupid doctors. I'm hoping everything turns out positive!

Sounds like things might work out!! Did she give you how many weeks?

The sonographer said I was 5 weeks and 6 days .. But I'm not sure if it's the fetal age or the gestational age .. I got my bfp on the 31st of July .. So if it's fetal age it makes sense but if it's gestational age things don't add up. Have a follow up scan on 4th September.

Think I am loosing the plot.. I just got my beta hcg levels and it is 84900 while it was 45199 on the 19 th .. Which means my levels have not doubled even in 5 days . Do you think there could be any positive outcome for me ?

I think there's hope, I read the other day that levels that high do increase much slower than lower levels at the beginning. Fx for you x

I think all you can do is wait for your next scan which will show for sure what is going on. The waiting is going to be awful though. Really hoping you get some good news.

Once hcg gets as high as yours, it takes a lot longer to double. My OB won't even test hcg once it gets high enough for something to be seen on scan because he says the scans tell him more. GL

If u got your bfp about 3 and half weeks ago-gestational age would be about 5-6 wks, healthy hcg levels range from 1300-55,000 it says on google- maybe im wrong?? I definitely would get another scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"