Slumber party in L&D!

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Oh the fun! Well I had a sweep done again today (Friday)- minor cramping and stuff but it went away. But a couple hours after, I had gotten quite a bit of bleeding; I know some spotting is normal but I was getting gushes of bright red blood. I waited to see if it died down a bit-it sort of did, but I was still getting dark reddy brown gushes of liquid-more the consistency of urine. I was worried that maybe my water had broken and it was just red because I was already bleeding. To be safe we headed up to L&D to be checked out..

Doc inspected and said he didn't think it was my water (though quite a bit of blood which didn't seem to concern him, think he maybe figured bloody show or something). Had some blood and urine taken for sampling, but the main concern was that my blood pressure was high for some reason (it was normal at my appointment this morning). It stayed up whole time I was here, so they decided to keep me overnight for observation. There's a good chance if it doesn't go down by tomorrow morning that they may want to induce me...which really sucks, as I was doing everything in my power to avoid that, but I guess if baby is in danger it has to be done.

Really hoping blood pressure goes down tonight and I can go home and rest tomorrow. Right now I've got my usual night pain from baby moving and putting pressure on my ass/back/pelvis, so no sign of me getting sleep anytime soon.

Not a big fan of the doc on call -but good news is after tomorrow morning, a different doc (that I really like) is on; also, the nurse attending me tonight was my prenatal instructor who I love, so that is really nice.

Fingers crossed I can go home tomorrow and (hopefully) go into labour naturally at home!!

So close! Hope your pressure goes down and everything is OK! Good Luck! :hugs:

Good luck today, hope everything has settled and they don't need to induce you. Hopefully this is your little man deciding its time to come on his own!!

Hoping everything progresses naturally for you, and you bp goes down... and praying you get all the rest you need at home. Your baby will be here so soon it sounds like. So excited!

Thanks everyone! Blood pressure was back to normal this morning. Doc said I'm still bleeding but it has slowed down a lot, and no membranes ruptured, so got the ok to go home! Have to go back for a NST tomorrow, but really glad I get to relax at home and hopefully go into labour naturally. They said I am having some tightenings-which I wasn't really noticing- and I am 3cm dilated so that's a good start-nurse thinks baby may be anterior position, so gonna be on my hands and knees a lot today (hubby had a good giggle when I told him that!) Not allowed to have sex though which I'm ok with (was just doing to induce labour but oh well).
Thanks for all your well wishes-have our family thanksgiving dinner tonight, so hopefully stuffing myself will give baby the hint to get out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"