SMA Gold... TT (bit of a rant)

NoSpringChick

Reaction score
Following on from realising you need to feed more carton than powder I now discover another annomillay with this milk!

The 9oz cartons states you can keep in the fridge for 24 hours
YET
the larger ones states you can keep in the fridge for 48 hours!!

Ridiculous, it's the same product!! :wacko:

So is it 24 hours or 48 hours? Cos they have changed the packaging and it seems also the ''rules''.:shrug:

And the new tommee tippee bottles that don't have black writing on are doing my head in - I really struggle to see the markers on them - and the teats are also doing my head in - she constantly sucks the teat flat and wonky, and if it's leaked once it's leaked 100 times.:growlmad:

I am not very impressed with the, what is supposed to be, products that have won awards.:nope:

So can you recommend me a bottle to try that she will use, cos she is used to the TT teats now and wont use a normal looking teat, but when I need to change to 6 month teats I am changing bottles altogether - and I see alot of people are changing from SMA gold to Aptimal - is this better than cow and Gate?

How funny, I have been grumbling about the exact same things today! I have almost considered marking her bottles with permanant marker!! In stead I have a sterilised bottle with clear measures on it and I use that to measure the water. Its a right footer!

i use MAM ultivent bottles and they are fab, really cant fault them at all, and the teat is nipple shaped and textured like skin.. Ruby wont take any other teat at all, and in fact only takes the mam dummies with the same teat now too!

I use MAM bottles with the orthodontic teats, he wont have any others

Mia was on Tommee tippee at first, and had the same problems you have mentioned with the teats. They were terrible, I now use MAM bottles and they have been great for her she handles the teats so much better and doesn't have a mess around with them.

As for the milk, Mia started on Aptamil but kept bringing it back up and is now on Cow and Gate and does better on it so for me Cow and Gates a better option, but alot of people swear by Aptamil so it just depends on the baby i suppose.

I started off useing SMA gold as that is what I used with my first, but I found second time around my baby suffered constipation and really bad wind so I swapped to Aptimal and she is so much better now. As for the Tommee Tippee new unreadable bottles I complained to TT as night feeds were becomming a nightmare as the same as you could not read the measurements and they advised me that they had changed the bottles based on parents feedback??? appologised and offered me a refund. ( which was no good as I just wanted a bottle that I could read)

Mia is 8 weeks old and a couple of weeks ago I changed her to the size 2 TT teets and she was sucking them in really bad and taking in too much air so I swapped her back to the size 1 TT teets and now she is fine...

Hope this helps.
xx

I found when I moved AJ to the vari-flo teats TT, straight from size 1's, the teats stopped collapsing.

I use the larger cartons of SMA and I have left them in the fridge for 48 hours before and the milk has been fine(although I usually use one carton up within 24hours), not sure why the smaller ones are only for 24 hours, as they are the same product...

It's because the less liquid, the quicker it goes off. Kinda like same idea with our milk. It goes off quicker in a smaller carton as there is less to heat. Ok it makes sense in my head, it's just describing it that's hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->