SMA milk on offer anywhere???

L

lynzlogan

Hi gals, bumps and babies....

Just wondered if anyone had seen SMA GOLD on offer anywhere??

As in my local store its like £8 a tin!

Please let me know so i can stock up xxx

I am going to try and bf so don't know much about this, although I bought a tin for emergencies last week in Tesco. Is it the case that they can't discount formula for birth to six months? I only ask because there are loads of weird rules surrounding it because the government encourages bf (you can't collect clubcard points on it, can't get vouchers for money off and it is not allowed to be advertised on tv etc).

Just wondered if this was the case?

^^ Yes, that's true. They're not allowed to discount baby formula for babies under 6 months old, and nor are they allowed to offer any other incentives to buy it - i.e. buy one get one free, or clubcard/Nectar points. You'll find they're priced the same everywhere :)

I think ASDA has them on offer just now, try tesco too as you normally get 2 for £x in store x

You'll never find newborn on special offer anywhere sadly, its law

I was going to say the same as everyone above. They are really strict on advertising formula for newborns. When I signed up for the all the internet mother and baby clubs they all made me tick a disclaimer to say I gave consent to being sent info on formula and even then I dont think I was sent anything re newborn milk.

At the end of the day formula feeding will probably cost around £40+ a month. I think a lot of mummies BF because of this cost!

x

ok Cheers for the replies ladies...TBH it did cross my mind as i only ever see the toddler milks on offer!

Thanks for the heads up! :)

8 quid is cheap in my tesco its £10 a tin. going back to when dd1 was born nearly 5 years ago a tin of sma gold was £6 it has defanatly help me deciding to bf this time around

8 quid is cheap in my tesco its £10 a tin. going back to when dd1 was born nearly 5 years ago a tin of sma gold was £6 it has defanatly help me deciding to bf this time around

I agree when DS was born in 2007 it was only £6.20 a tin lol!!!

£7.63 in our Tesco. Bought some the other day as it was £8 odd in Asda

I had SMA for my son who was born in 2006 and couldnt believe how much it was now when i looked in the shops the other week. Going to try to b/f again but going to get in a tub of Hipp Organic just incase b/f doesnt go to plan again. Decided to go for a cheaper milk this time around and i think the Hipp one sounds ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->