SMA or Cow & Gate??

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Just wondering girls ...

Could you give me your personal opinion on the milk you used or why etc. If you used another before the one you voted for etc.:D

x

Farleys is my fave, i used it on mine and never had any probs with it.

I have heard that SMA isnt very good, not sure how true that is tho

x

When I used to top up Seren I either used SMA or aptimal and she was fine on both of them. TBH I don't think there is any difference between formulas, it seems different babies prefer different ones so perhaps get the cartons in of both and see what your baby prefers?????

Rebecca went onto Aptimal after bf, but it gave her upset tummy so she has been on SMA since, started of on SMA Gold then onto SMA Progress x

Always used Farleys. Gabriel was given it in SCBU when he wouldn't bf for a couple of days so stuck with it.

I used Sma with both and neither had anyproblems with it then used SMA progress
I did use Cow and Gate sometimes with Jack if SMA wasn't there and again no probs

SMA made thomas really constipated so we switched to Cow & Gate Comfort he's been great.

Cx

cow and gate, my mum gave it me when i was a baby so i just followed

Cow and Gate, dunno why i choose that one, never had any problems with it though so i'll probley be using it again this time round.

Farleys, had no problems with it, main reason for choosing it was becuase its alot cheaper than other brands, and at the end of the day they all have to meet certain standards so I knew that wasnt comprimised.

All 3 of my boys were on SMA, I think it is great, over here in Aussie it is also alot cheaper than other formula brands. I never had any problems with any of my boys on SMA.

Gonna bump this

Im still undecided :wacko:

SMA for both of ours and no problems, all my family used it hence I followed, plus I think there was something to do with cow & gate that was not favourable when I had Jade.

Tried SMA and Cow & Gate. Neither of them would take SMA. The HV said that it's stronger smelling and that can put them off. Have tried Aptimel which Charlotte seemed to really like. It supposed to have been developed by someone looking for something close to breast milk.

We've used SMA Gold, SMA white and now we use SMA progress.. they were all fine. I haven't used any other brands, so I can't comment on them but to the person who originally said that they heard SMA was rubbish (sorry I forgot your name) - I think it depends on the baby.

To be honest Wobbles I think all the formulas are much of a muchness. They aren't allowed to claim "now even closer to breastmilk" etc anymore.

Not sure if anyone saw the article on the front of the Daily Mail yesterday (just want to point out I don't read the Daily Mail but saw it in the queue at M&S) and it was about breastfeeding - anyway it said that the longchain polyunsaturated fatty acids (Pufas) that are present in breastmilk are what contribute to higher intelligence and that they're now being added to formulas - so maybe a good idea to pick a formula with these in?

Sorry if the above doesn't make sense or is rubbish! I think you might be best to get a few cartons of ready made stuff in so that you're prepared if Caitlin doesn't take to one or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->