• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Small amount of blood and cramping

BabyGirl999

Harry's mummy!
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am 6 weeks 5 days pregnant. I had cramps all morning, not unbearable but worse than normal period cramps. Then when I went to the loo there was a little bright red blood on wiping. I am worried sick. Phoned my doctor and am going for scan 9am tomorrow. Do you think these symptoms definitely signify the start of a miscarriage or am I over-reacting?

I had a miscarriage in May this year, couldn't face going through it again ;-(

I didn't wanna read and run. But I really don't know. It could go either way. I bled with my son at 7 weeks and I went for a scan and they said it was fine. I'd just had a little bleed on the site where he'd implanted, behind him. Lie down for the rest of the day and keep your feet up. Try not to stress (easier said than done).. lots of women bleed in early pregnancy and go on to have a healthy baby. Good luck. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

It could be normal, try to rest up talk to your tum and stay calm until your appointment tomorrow morning.
I have been having some brown discharge for a few days and am going to have a scan to check its all ok. It seems this kind of thing isnt unheard of.
I wish you all the best xx

i have heard lots of ladies have bleeds and go on to be fine.try to relax and good luck with your scan :hugs:

I had some bleeding on sunday and rushed to the ER and they did every test and everything was fine, I just have to have more blood drawn to make sure my HCG levels are going up..so it could just be a threatned miscarriage(what mine was) just relax, put your feet up and think positive!:hugs:

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts - they obviously worked as all is well!!

Had an internal scan, saw baby and heartbeat!! Of course I did what any grown woman would do and cried like a baby..... I was so convinced I'd lost it.

Doc said he was surprised to see such a strong heartbeat so early, and that that was a good sign that it was developing well. It measured 6 weeks 1 day (instead of 6w 6d), but he said it's nothing to worry about. He also said about 40% of women bleed during pregnancy, and that my cramps were perfectly normal.

I feel SO much better, AND I even got a wee picture!!

Thanks everyone.

Angela

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts - they obviously worked as all is well!!

Had an internal scan, saw baby and heartbeat!! Of course I did what any grown woman would do and cried like a baby..... I was so convinced I'd lost it.

Doc said he was surprised to see such a strong heartbeat so early, and that that was a good sign that it was developing well. It measured 6 weeks 1 day (instead of 6w 6d), but he said it's nothing to worry about. He also said about 40% of women bleed during pregnancy, and that my cramps were perfectly normal.

I feel SO much better, AND I even got a wee picture!!

Thanks everyone.

Angela

Great news, so glad everything is ok!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990