• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Small amount of blood in dirty nappy?

Sarah+

Reaction score
My LO usually has 4-5 dirty nappies a week, but has had 4 in the last two days (not diarrhea). They all seemed pretty normal except we found some stringy streaks of blood in them. Only a small amount, but enough to notice. He is otherwise completely fine. Anyone know what this is? Just something that happens or something to worry about?

Edit:
Other info - I was dairy free for the last fews (suspected dairy allergy in LO - reflux, tests said probably not the case -they aren't 100%) and returned to milk a few days ago. Don't know if that could be linked?

DIDnt want to read and run hun, not sure what advice to give, i would just watch him and see how it goes. It could be related. It does not sound like he is any pain or discomfort. Hope your all ok.

Not to worry you hun, but I was told by Bryson's pediatrician, if I were to ever see blood in his poop to contact him as soon as possible, that there could be an underlined problem that needs to be addressed (not always serious, maybe small tears in the anus from straining trying to poop is an example). I hope it is nothing.

We had this with Freya when she was a few weeks old. Had to take her (and the nappy :sick: ) to the after hours doctor, who sent us on to the hospital for tests.
For her it was related to dairy - she was unable to break down the proteins in dairy. I had to cut out ALL dairy for a while, but after spending a couple of days in hospital with her we switched to a special formula. It already had the milk proteins broken down.

She was absolutely fine after about 6 months. We were able to switch to a 'normal' formula and she's been happily drinking cows milk and munching on cheese for a couple of years now. :)

Of course it could be something completely unrelated (Freya also had another bout caused by a virus she picked up while in hospital!) - I would definitely get it checked out though.

I would get him checked by the out of hours dr. Blood in the poo is something that should always be checked urgently. Its probably something simple like irritation to him anus from the extra pooing but could be something else. Keep us updated hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"