Small bump syndrome

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
Ok..I have a small rant...or maybe more of a pondering.

Yesterday I was at a funeral, which was weird in itself because the second I walked in the husband who's wife had passed on from a long battle with cancer said "I have something to show you" to me..and proceeded to show me pictures of myself naked..when I was three. And pointed out to everyone that I was the girl in the pictures..gee thanks! Ahh! But it was cute in a sense too.

Anyways..while there I noticed something I have been noticing more and more! There was another pregnant girl there, who was 7 months pregnant and showing far more than I am. I'm just about into my 6th month now...just a couple of days but still. I would have guessed she was 8-9 months. And while I am not jealous or spiteful of her glowing wonderful bump..I was a little peeved that everyone who found out we were both pregnant and only around a month about, was all over her bump so to speak.

Asking her a million questions that I was not asked...that I would have answered happily too! Like do you know the sex? When are you due? Any names...standard pregnancy related questions, but the kind every mom-to-be wants to answers!

While I got the "Oh you don't look pregnant", "Oh you must not know what you are having yet hey" and my favorite "I bet you will get your body back right away" in a snarky tone comments.

Yes I know..I am not huge, I do not have a huge bump that screams "I'm pregnant!"

That's ok with me, I have not gained a ton of weight and yet I know baby Batman and I are healthy. But yet I cannot help but be pissed off that because I am not carrying a massive bump, that people just dismiss me and my pregnancy. Like "oh she doesn't look pregnant, therefore she isn't really pregnant".

Is there just some magical draw to a bigger bump that smaller bumped people miss out on?

Do you have to be huge to be considered actually pregnant?

This is not the first time this has happened either..whenever my family tells someone we know or don't know LOL..the usual reply is "You don't look that pregnant" and that's it. No congrats..no questions.

Does anyone else get this?

I had it for quite a while ..

First it was "OMG are you really THAT pregnant" and all of a sudden my bump has had a mahooosive growth spurt and now its "Really? Only 8/9 weeks left?"

You can never win chick, everyone always has their own odd opinions

I had it for quite a while ..

First it was "OMG are you really THAT pregnant" and all of a sudden my bump has had a mahooosive growth spurt and now its "Really? Only 8/9 weeks left?"

You can never win chick, everyone always has their own odd opinions

While I am glad I'm not alone.

I suppose it's one way or the other...you are either getting the "you are soooo small" comments or the "you are HUGE like a house" ones.

I am starting to think that pregnancy makes everyone around the pregnant person crazy and that we aren't really crazy at all! :happydance:

Im so sorry sweety. Wish I could hug you. Ignore those people :( You are going to blow up btw in the next month or so I bet :) As for me it's the oposite. Im huge at 13 weeks I look 5-6 months. People think I am farther then I say. When I tell them I am 3 months they freak on me and say omg impossible. It sometimes makes me sad. Or some of my online friends don't believe it's my bump :'( :'( I would show you a picture but I dont want to make you feel bad. I am the oposite but feeling alienated too sometimes. Cant people just be happy with all sizes :( I mean you are pregnant and yes you are right you would have loved to asnwer those questions too. I dont find that fair. Hugs

It was exactly the same for me hun, i think its only really in the last month i look pregnant, i am now 2days overdue and im quite thankful now as my friend was showing all the way and her back was in bits!! my back is bad enough now so I'm thanking god. i also had ppl say similar things, just try not to get too peeved as soon enough you'll prob be moaning of a bad back like me hehe :) But i do LOVE my new 'egg' of a belly and will miss it. you will get one im sure. :)
xxxxx

Thanks ladies!

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining so much about being small bumped..as I am the fact I don't get the same treatment (ie questions...) as big bumped ladies. I don't mind having a small bump honestly, except for that fact.

I may pop out still...and that would be lovely too! I might stay smaller..and that's good too. Long as we both remain happy and healthy.

I just wish people would be more interested in the fact I am pregnant too...and not pass me over for bigger bump.

OMG! It's like having small boobs and a man passes you off for the bigger boobed ladies...

I guess when it comes to bumps...bigger is sometimes better! hehe.

lol, yeah i know exactly what you mean hun, but i would just jump in there and give them no choice, tell them all about whats happening etc. I think ppl will actually be glad once i have had bab so the conversation changes slightly! lol
xxx

I have a small bump. Nobody, I mean nobody has ever asked me if I'm pregnant. I don't mind though. I do have a bump. And it is growing. And when people find out I'm pregnant; they always comment--but you're hardly showing. Oh well.

I know what you mean, i'm almost 18 weeks and don't have a huge bump I just look bloated.

i get this too and it really pisses me off

i am 27 weeks now and people are still being all like, oh i didnt wanna ask in case ud just had dinner :saywhat:

i have a 6 month old baby in there thank u!!! i did not just have a big dinner, i really hate the fact that i am not showing, everytime i tell people how far gone i am they say ''wow u only look about 3 months!''

grr i want the pregnant attention!!! lol

xxxx

i get this too and it really pisses me off

i am 27 weeks now and people are still being all like, oh i didnt wanna ask in case ud just had dinner :saywhat:

i have a 6 month old baby in there thank u!!! i did not just have a big dinner, i really hate the fact that i am not showing, everytime i tell people how far gone i am they say ''wow u only look about 3 months!''

grr i want the pregnant attention!!! lol

xxxx

:hugs:

I so feel what you are going through...

It makes me feel spoiled or selfish that I want pregnant attention...but its fun talking about the baby! I just want to gush..but Im not a gusher without being prompted! :blush:

I know the feeling.... I can't help comparing my bump with my sister's bump, even though I'm pregnant with our first, and she's having her 2nd. She's due 3 weeks after us, but looks so much further along. Guess it's a good thing she lives in Canada and I'm in the UK so friends and family can't compare - otherwise I'd be having a MAJOR rant! :hissy: :rofl:

I'm 22 +2 and to my eyes still look fat and bloated rather than pregnant, though hubby says I'm beautiful and so obviously pregnant (bless him!)

Argh! I wish I had a lovely baby bump.... mine seems to be shaped a bit like a kidney bean, going in at the middle, rather than all lovely and rounded. I still look like I went overboard at dinner :hissy:

Ok, rant over :rofl:

I have a teeny tummy - I posted a pic in the Bumps section but it's basically just a little roundness - not a bump per say at all. My OH and I had a couple of friends over last night who we've not seen since we found out I'm pregnant, and when we started talking about the baby, they said "Oh, good - we thought you might have lost the baby 'cause you don't look at all pregnant... Are you sure everything's ok?" Umm, cheers guys!

Nobody's asked me if I'm pregnant, or when the baby's due - I can't wait for it! :)

Hey hun, count me on the small bumps club :rofl:

My BIL GF is the same PG as me and she is massive!!!! Everyone always makes a big fuss of her when we're together and nobody even notices that I'm PG! Grrrr.....

It is annoying, but I had a big bump with my 1st so I'm quite enjoying still fitting into my size 10s :rofl: Trust me, I'm sure we'll both laugh at this thread in a week or two when our bumps have popped and we'll be moaning at how fat we are :rofl:

Hey hun, count me on the small bumps club :rofl:

My BIL GF is the same PG as me and she is massive!!!! Everyone always makes a big fuss of her when we're together and nobody even notices that I'm PG! Grrrr.....

It is annoying, but I had a big bump with my 1st so I'm quite enjoying still fitting into my size 10s :rofl: Trust me, I'm sure we'll both laugh at this thread in a week or two when our bumps have popped and we'll be moaning at how fat we are :rofl:

You are probably so right! :rofl:

I didnt really start getting a real bump until after 26weeks...

I know what you mean about it sucking though, I would constantly tell people and then would be treated like I was barely pregnant at work cause I wasn't that big... I guess if your not big you can still work and do things you shouldnt be?? lol!

I finally popped last month and almost never hear, "but you're so small!" anymore, thank goodness! You're right, having a small bump can SUCK -- people act like you're somehow 'less' pregnant than someone who's more obviously expecting... so aggravating!!!

Hiya to a fellow Maple Leaf and member of the 'as-yet-small-bump' club!! ;)
I'm in! I'm nearly 18 weeks and have next to nothin'.. Im' just round down lower but you def can't say its a bump yet. Its growing though, I'm hoping to suddenly pop at 5 months, which everyone says is the magic number! :rofl:
Meanwhile I'm trying to enjoy the fact that I can still fit all but my absolute tighest jeans...
:hugs: hon, we'll laugh about this at 8/9 months!!! ;)
x

Can I join your small bump club to!
I will seriously thump the next person who says 'you're not very big are you' or 'I didn't know you were THAT pregnant'

I want to be big and round and stroke my bump - if I do that now people just think I'm weird :rofl:

My husband is the only one to say I've got a bump bless him!
My pre-pregnancy belly was big to start with but I think I have changed shape - my belly now seems to stick out immeadiately under my bust... I would like to think it wasn't like that before but I may be kidding myself :rofl:
Other than that nobody has noticed I'm pregnant when I've been out and even people who know say you can't tell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->