small bump?

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
sigh ... i wish people wouldnt feel the need to say anything to pregnant women about the size of their bumps!
i've been paranoid for ages that lo isn't growing enough and i still feel i dont have a particularly noticeable bump ... not being that slim beforehand (14-16 currently) it still looks like it could just be extra weight. i saw someone earlier i hadnt seen for about 2 months and she commented on how 'small' it is, or how 'petite', and how surprised she was i was that far along (nearly 28 weeks) ... so now i'm even more paranoid :cry: I'm sure that LO's movements feel stronger than they did, not sure whether that's an indication. When I saw Mw at 25 weeks she had a feel around and said that Lo was a 'nice size' (whatever that means).
Have MW appointment next week when she starts measuring fundal height, so I guess I'll see what she says then .... I just wish people would not say anything!!!

Urgh *hugs* i have exactly the same problem :-( its sooooo annoying!! I saw a friend i havent seen since i first got pregnant yesterday and she looked at me as said 'huh, i thought you would be a lot bigger by now' - my bump can be passed off as extra weight - i dont see why people need to comment on the bump!! I dont mind them asking if shes kicking, keeping me awake, etc but why oh why do they need to comment on size of bump? I'm well aware i can just pass it off as 'who ate all the pies' look, thank you very much!! Lol.

I get this all the time. I think when people think of pregnant women, they must think of when they are about to pop! Dont worry about it, ur probably the right size! It will be better afterwards too I assume, as there is less of a tum to lose. But dont forget, still plenty of time to become huge !! Hehe :) xx

im sure ur baby is growing beautiful inside you. mines the complete opposite, they thought i looked full term when i was 27 wks, either that or it was 'you sure theres not 2 in there!' people just dont think when they speak to a pregnant woman but i wouldnt worry about it if baby is growing well, u might just be carrying in the back...(im carrying front!) good luck xxx

I'm about the same size as you, and didn't really show until 25 weeks.. now I get some people saying wow.. your bump is huge and others who say that it's really small!!!

I wouldn't worry about any elses opinions other than the MW or other medical person!!

yep I've a tiny bump and too have had the are you sure you haven't got your dates wrong etc etc I'm tall so therefore more room for bubs to stretch out and I also think I must be carrying in the back too as the backache I am getting is excruciating and getting worse lately. Don't worry other people are so insensitive sometimes. Good thing is it's saved me a fortune on maternity wear as I can still fit into my regular jeans at 33 weeks!

I get a mix some say im huge for how far i am, then some people say the opposite that my bumps quite small! So i dont really know which one to be offended by lol but my midwife says hes a nice size so im trusting her, and i dont really care what people think i love my bump! :)

Some people are so stupid! I'm sure everyone has a picture in their head of what a 'pregnant woman' looks like and then they apply that to every pregnant woman they meet, but they never seem to take into account that women are different sizes to start off with and babies lie in different positions and we're all at different stages. So they open their mouths and say that they think we're bigger or smaller than we should be and get us paranoid or upset. I've had people say I'm tiny (mostly by women who are larger than me without being pregnant!) and other people saying I'm huge. I'm just ignoring them all!

no need to worry at all...i m also tiny...in 28 weeks i was worried but now in 33 weeks it gradually got bigger...if ur baby is average size its perfect....and baby grows after birth...:hugs::hugs::hugs:dont stress out ur self for stupid people...:dohh:

Im still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans too! Albeit with the aide of a bump band and hair bobble but even so... the only person who comments on my bump looking small is my (ever tactful) SiL who is 3 weeks ahead of me and has a huge bump - she drives me up the wall!

Im measuring 33 weeks so cant be that compact but I can also suck my tummy in and not look pregnant at all!

I am the opposite I am fed up with people asking me if I am "sure" its definitely not twins!! GRRR!

I guess we pregnant women are difficult to please.x

:hugs: Its annoying how they feel they have the right to comment on the way you look and think its ok because yr pregnant. I have annoying step brothers who thinks it funny to point out skinny models in shop windows wearing skimpy dresses going 'do you think you can wear that?' well duh no i cant and i wont for some time after words considering im fat anyway, and to comment on the size of my arms and wait for it prod my belly. i dont mind ppl rubbing but to prod me it just plain rude especially as im sensitive about the weight that i have put on and that its so itchy its actually quote painful to be prodded. ah sorry rant over- just wanted to say i no where your coming from! ](*,)

Im still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans too! Albeit with the aide of a bump band and hair bobble but even so... the only person who comments on my bump looking small is my (ever tactful) SiL who is 3 weeks ahead of me and has a huge bump - she drives me up the wall!

Im measuring 33 weeks so cant be that compact but I can also suck my tummy in and not look pregnant at all!

my sis had the same situation when she was pregnant 7 years back...she is again pregnant now...lets see what happen now...but she has a cute 7 years old boy ....i love him really:hugs:

please dont worry about the size of your bump, my didnt start to show til about 24ish weeks and then the midwife measure my bump and said it was small so she sent me for a growth scan and shes measuring spot on. Its all to do with how the baby is lying, the fluid surrounding them, your muscles (as these will hold baby in well) and your shape and size before getting pregnant. My midwife keeps telling me that different people have growth spurts at different times during there pregnancy and mine looks like it coming near the end, although i would love a huge bump that i can rest my breakfast on, id rather stay small and have a lot less to lose afterwards xx

I have a small bump too, and I get the same petitie comments, but my US showed a nice average sized baby, placenta and amniotic fluid fine. Some people just carry really neat. As my doctor put it. I am just all baby.

try not to worry hun

Join the club! I'm now 35 weeks and throughout my pregnancy all I get is "your not that big are ya!). I'm a size 14-16 and was before I got preggers and have only put 7lbs on in weight but at every m/w apt my fundal height has been spot on and she just says I'm carrying all round! It really doesn't bother me because I do actually look pregnant if I stick it out, wearing a tight top, just don't have a huge balloon in front of me but as long as baba is fine I'm happy :)

Sometimes I think people just like to have something to say, and other times I think they must just be misguided by marketing.

Coming upto 6 months pregnant people started to tell me my bump was really small, but going from my 20w scan I knew measurements were fine. Next MW appointment she checked and said measurements were spot on - so i just put it out of my mind :)

I've since had a 4D scan, and again measurements were fine, another MW appt and all good.

People keep telling me my bump is very petite and neat and I just take it as a compliment ;D

Could still turn into a hippo yet ;) Trying very hard to only buy minimal maternity clothes though cos we're almost there!!!!!! :happy dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->