Small gestational sac at 5 weeks

SammyDinh

Reaction score
Hi, i went to have my first ultrasound yesterday bacause of some brown distract and cramping and the dr said i have very small gestational sac (4.6mm) for 5 weeks .I may expecting a miscarriage :(.come back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Anyone in same situation and turn out fine? My last period date start on Dec 2nd and i ovulated on 17 or 18, so is it a late ovulated? And i have irregular cycle

Hello SammyDinh....I'm slightly in the same boat as you....I'm new to this site....in my case I was told at 6wks my gestational sac is abnormal. Its doesn't look round as it should..... The doctor wasn't sure why.....he scheduled me for another Ultrasound this week.

It's frustrating to wait and dont know what to do ��

Yes I agree it's fustrating.....you just want everything to go smoothly....I'm praying all goes well for both of us....our babies will be perfect

Hi Sammy.

I am sorry about that news, but I would keep positive! I have included my gestational sac pic at 5+1 and I am happy to say I am now approaching my 2nd Tri, have seen the heartbeat many times and I am having a Baby Boy.

I also have irregular periods and didn't O on my own, so had some infertility issues.

Don't give up hope, hold on to the hope that everything will be ok.
xoxo

5 +1 Scan.jpg

Do you have a small gestational sac too? Its hard to read from the pics. The dr told me at 5 week my sac should at least double the size . It all bad new :((

I went in at 5w3d and was distraught to see a sac and yolk but no pole. I was crying and crying because, on top of that, the sac was measuring two or three days behind. The gyn told me to disregard sac size. She didn't even bring it up because measuring the sac is so inaccurate. The slightest movement or being off even a fraction of a cm changes the date. A week later I saw baby with a perfect heartbeat measuring on track.

Brown blood is old blood and cramping is normal. You really only need to worry if it's red and heavy and the cramps are less cramp more pain. Hugs try not to worry

The OB and her nurse keep telling that i may have a miscarriage, its so frustrating. I think i need to change doctor. Also they did a blood test for me and my HCG is 7775, i dont know if it a good sigh? And on my test result the ob said GS size is 4.6mm, which is out of range. Anybody know what does it mean? And thanks DobbyForever for bringing me some relief!!!!

Mine at 5w3d was around 14kish which was just a couple days after yours so you would be the same/near hcg as me. So do not let that worry you. I think that is a great number. "Anything from 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks" from the American Pregnancy Association.

Do you have an ultrasound pic? Usually when they measure the sac it is by diameter and in cm. 0.46cm in diameter is typically less than 5weeks. I think it's supposed to be closer to 1 and grows roughly half a cm each week in the early weeks.

Did you chart ovulation? Is there any chance you could be off by a few days?

K I just read that a sac can grow 1mm a day and a normal GS range for 5 weeks is 6mm to 12mm so really you're not that far from range! :)

The OB told me it should double the size when i am 5 weeks. My start day of last period is Dec 2nd and i am sure that i ovulated on the 17 or 18 because i used the o test. I dont have any pic of u/s. she said look like my sac stop growling

Yes, on AVERAGE at 5 weeks the sac is 1cm (10mm) but a few different sources online say the average range is actually .6-1cm (6mm-10mm). Your sac grows about 1mm a day. Mine was just over 1cm at 5w4d (measuring 5w2d) which means I was closer to 6mm at 5w. Which is only about 1.5m away from your measurement which it only behind 1.5 days. And I cannot stress enough my gyn thinks it is laughable to measure a sac under 6weeks because the same gyn measuring the same sac using mms is going to get different results each time. It's just so small. Even at my 9w prenatal the angle of the scan and view had my crl measurement bouncing between two different gestational days. I know doctors have liability and have to warn you if anything bad could happen, but I think your bean could still pull through and you just were scanned too early.

I had a scan at 6+4 and could only see a small sac (7mm) and a yolk. I'm 31+5 now and all going well. Fingers crossed for you. Don't give up hope xxx

Thank you so much !!!! I feel better now. I have US on 23rd. I hope everything ok. I wil update after have the result.

FX for your next ultrasound. Hope you'll stay positive!!

Fingers crossed your next scan is ok. I know how hard it is to wait so i am sending you some strength not to go insane.
Everything is so small at this point so they cant really be that precise. Plus if you ovulated on cd 15, 16 and then maybe implanted late then it makes sense the sac is smaller. You are just early. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->