Small placental bleed- sooo nervous

mininun1

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum (I've been in the TTC boards for about six months) and I have a question hopefully someone has some experience with. I'm about ten weeks pregnant with our first, and we went in for our first ultrasound last week. I just got the test results back and the doctor says that the ultrasound showed a small placental bleed- I scheduled an appointment with her to discuss but in the meantime, has this happened to anyone? I haven't had any spotting or bleeding so far throughout the pregnancy and I'm terrified that this may mean a miscarriage. Thanks ladies!

I had 3 small bleeds behind the placenta at my first US with DD. My doctor recomended rest for 6 weeks. He said I didn't have to stay in bed but no exersise or housework and to avoid much lifting, bending, climbing stairs etc. Some doctors don't think rest will help but it seemed like it couldn't hurt. I had another scan about 3 weeks after and the clots were smaller. After 6 weeks they had gone. Your body can reabsorb the blood or loose it as brown discharge. I never lost any of the blood. The rest of the pregnancy went well. I didn't have any problem in my second pregnancy.

Thanks! I did some googling and it looks like it's fairly common? Still stressful, especially since this is all new to me. I do have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow afternoon and i suspect she will probably tell me to really take it easy over the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->