Small sac

VALiz

Reaction score
Hi! I noticed the gestational sac was measuring smaller on my ultrasound where I was dated at 7w6d. Baby had a strong heartbeat. No one said anything to me but I noticed the measurement they put down. The sac was marked as normal. Smaller gestational sacs can mean a bad outcome, darn google. I have a drs appt tomorrow and plan to ask then.
Do you think I'm worrying for nothing? Do you think it looks too tiny?
Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
Hi! I noticed the gestational sac was measuring smaller on my ultrasound where I was dated at 7w6d. Baby had a strong heartbeat. No one said anything to me but I noticed the measurement they put down. The sac was marked as normal. Smaller gestational sacs can mean a bad outcome, darn google. I have a drs appt tomorrow and plan to ask then.
Do you think I'm worrying for nothing? Do you think it looks too tiny?
Thank you!

I think if they said it's normal then you're fine! Don't stress over it-the measurements are averages. And don't google! Google can find something wrong with just about anything.

I am a hypochondriac and Google has fully convinced me I have cancer (various types), as well as many other diseases and illnesses. Step away from the Google! :haha:

Are you thinking it based just on that picture, or from the scan in general? The image can be really different with just a tiny move of the wand, I have some pictures from an 8 week scan where the sac looks quite flat and another from moments later where it looks large and round. If they've said that the sac is normal then I'd take that as a very good sign! :hugs:

Thanks everyone! I will update with what my dr says tomorrow.
Google is definitely not my friend right now. Lol :wacko:
I'm basing it off of the worksheet that had measurements on it, although the pic does make it look small too.
CRL was at 50%
Sac was measured at less than 5%
I guess that is based off of averages for that gestation.

My RE said the size of the baby matters much more than the size of the sac. Hang in there!

Well, just got back from my appt and the dr coudn't find a heartbeat. What was odd was the baby was measuring right on track so it must have just happened. She does have old equipment so I have an appt this afternoon at the radiologist. Obviously this is just for confirmation of no heartbeat since things aren't looking good.
She wasn't worried about the sac size at all prior to the ultrasound though. Who knows why it happened but I currently have pitaryasis rosea and am even having a second occurence since finding out I was pregnant which does carry a higher risk of miscarriage.
Anyways, thanks for your support.

I'm so sorry I hope you have good news at your next appointment. Will be thinking of you

Thanks everyone! Second ultrasound showed no heartbeat with the crl measuring perfect at 9w1d. It literally must have happened yesterday or this morning. Will wait to hear from dr on what's next but I'm leaning towards D&C.

Thank you guys! I had my D&C yesterday and am feeling pretty good. I've always been a realist when it comes to pregnancies and try not to get too attached even though this was my first loss. With that being said, I hope I'm allowing myself to grieve enough instead of sweeping it under the rug. We have a lovely little boy who brightens my day. We had been undecided about that second child but had grown used to the idea at this point. I think we'll decide over the next few months if we want to try again. A part of me feels like my body has gone haywire and maybe can't support another pregnancy. I guess we will see what the pathology reports say.

im so sorry.... this exact thing happened to me in october of 2011.... my baby was measuring further than the sac.. she wound up dying around 10weeks. i'm really sorry you're going through this. <3 be kind to yourself and dont overthink how you're feeling. if you're okay, thats good. if you're not okay, thats fine too. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->