Small weddings.

honeybee2

Reaction score
Just thought I'd give the chance for those with small weddings to catch up here. Actually to tell you the truth I just needed some reassurance.

I've had to cut down my guest list from 80 to 55.

I'm so scared now that it's not going to be special, and there will be no one on the dance floor.

So let me know ladies- are you planning or had a wedding that was intimate? :shrug:

How did it plan out? :coffee:

I cant help you out there, but can you not invite the 55 to the wedding and the meal and then invite the rest just to the dance at night?

Ye, I could. This is what we were planning to do- except the only food in the night will be the cake haha! This is why I felt guilty about inviting people all that way (because its very far out) and not offering them night food.

Well I had to down size my wedding hun and I am looking forward to it more than ever now :)
My guest list was about 120 before but due to money and a whole lot of other reasons we decided to cancel and have something much smaller. We are having 40 to the wedding and then a champagne picnic in the day. We are then going to just have 30 to the meal in the eve. We have explained to the other 10 that we would love them there but the room only seats 30 and it is just family attending. They have all been lovely and understand. Our day will be all wrapped up by 9pm! But I can't wait.

ooh that sounds divine!!!!

We're gona have 55 for the day and the sit down meal and then we're gona give out another 15 or so night time invitations. The only food there will be cake but we're going to explain that the main meal was so late we didnt order more food. We dont need a RSVP from them either- or gifts, just the invites there if they want to come. I feel so much better now xx

I think that sounds perfect hun. I am looking forward to the smaller one more because I will get to enjoy my day without having to try and spend 5 minutes with everyone. The fact that we have fewer guests means I will enjoy everyones company the whole day. We are thinking of having just 1 big table for us all so it feels closer and more intimate. I am sure your day will be just perfect xx

I really hope so. I think one big table for us will be a bit awkward for our divorced and remarried family haha! We'll just have 7 tables of 8- but we're not having a top table. We'll just give each family a table and another one for the kiddlywinkles.

Just put a note on the evening invites. At the end of the day they'll be [well should be] coming to celebrate with you not to eat. If you put it on the invites they'll eat before :)

Ye, I will. Ill tell them in person too xx

Ohh i'm very jealous. I always wanted a small intimate wedding with immediate family (parents & siblings) and very close friends. But ours grew arms and legs and we ended up with 115 during the day and another 70 at night. I had a great day but the whole day didn't feel 'like us' and we both regret not having something smaller.

thanks blaire.

The reason why I wanted a bigger wedding was to try and avoid conflit with divorced parents and new families. At least if there was more people they could sit on either ends of the room and ignore each other all day- but now they have to sit together-eeeeeek!

Also, although Im close to my mum and dad- I think Im going to find it awkward and wierd declaring my love to someone infront of them- we dont even cuddle infront of parents- we're a very private couple. So we might feel a bit exposed!

thanks blaire.

The reason why I wanted a bigger wedding was to try and avoid conflit with divorced parents and new families. At least if there was more people they could sit on either ends of the room and ignore each other all day- but now they have to sit together-eeeeeek!

Also, although Im close to my mum and dad- I think Im going to find it awkward and wierd declaring my love to someone infront of them- we dont even cuddle infront of parents- we're a very private couple. So we might feel a bit exposed!

That is why we were going to have a. big wedding but it just wasn't us so was releaved when we decided we couldn't afford the big do. We have said it is tough and if df parents want to come they all have to get along! We will however sit them at opposite ends of the big tables so they dont have to make small talk. It does now seem silly that all that extra money would have been spent for a day that wasn't us just so dfs parents didn't have to communicate, but the way we see it now is if they can't get on for the sake of there son on his wedding day they aren't worth having there. Thankfully they understand it will be small and intimate and hopefully will get on.

We've got a small wedding for day time, only 50 guests of close family and friends and then come evening there will be around 250 guests inc the 50 daytime guests.

I'm rather looking forward to less fuss etc and as its a very laid back affair im positive everyone will have a fab time :)

All of your days sound perfect!
We are getting married with only 24 people attending, including us! We thought about having a huge wedding, we even had the funds to do so but we both have huge families and just wanted something intimate, so we have only invited parents, grandparents, siblings (& partners) and a friend each (wth their partners & children)
We are all staying at the hotel the evening before and after the wedding so we are kinda making a weekend out of it! Our weddng starts at 12 and then its just back to the hotel for our reception meal and drinks after that.
Ive been so worried that it might be boring or awkward or something, 1 with the lack of people and 2 with OHs parents being divorced. His mam has already made a fuss about it and said it would be boring as no one would see me in my horse and carriage etc and that shes not happy that we havnt invited "this and that" person! Everyone else is really looking forward to it though! Aghh stress and its ages away yet :lol: Families ey!
Anyway its nice to know that others are having small intimate ceremonies, quite reassuring :)

We have 41 ppl inc us and are 2 kids we are getting marryed at 4pm and having a buffet about 6pm and not having a night time do we didnt want a big wedding as some meay ppl come and are so 2 faced when it comes to weddings we didnt want that we just wanted ppl that are 100% happy for us and realy want to be there.

We only had about 50 to the day and then just a few more to the evening.We wanted it small and intimate with our closest family and friends.It felt very special this way and was lovely.xx

Ah your day will be perfect no matter what as you will be marrying Mr honeybee2 :) Don't worry about not feeding evening guests, they'll understand and just be happy they got an invite :) It's nice being invited to share someone's special day xx

we're having the latest ceremony with 40 people invited and then just having an evening do with a buffet for a further 40 people. We picked only 7 items from the buffet as people usually have tea anyway and we picked a location quite central so the wedding guests can either stay at the venue in the bar/lounge after the wedding or can nip out for something to eat if they want to. At the end of the day a wedding is about marriage and the commitment you make to each other, not about the guests! You do what ever you want as it is your day, a smaller more intimate wedding is nicer anyway as you won't get side tracked having to say hi to each guest and making sure they are ok and having a good time. At the end of the day friends and family will see you after the wedding and will no doubt want to meet up anyway! xx

mizzk - where are you geting your horse and cart from if you dont mind me asking? were getting married in darlington but i dont live there atm so its difficult finding a good company from there?

i only have 40 people in my package so im trying to keep my guest list at about 65, hoping that when people cant come itll end up at around 40, if not we pay £50 extra pp

ive invited random people aswell but we dont know many people so we couldnt have had a massive wedding without inviting strangers :haha:

Haha...ours was 13 people, including us! lol. That's a small wedding! We flew out to mexico and that was all that could come, for me that was PERFECT! It was extremely romantic and intimate. Felt exactly the way it should about celebrating us and our love! We had a little reception, even danced and everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"