Smear tests?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Babydance, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

Hey ladies,

Can i ask you's, how have your smear tests gone before? I'm worried im a bit to wee down there to fit bubs out. I posted on the postnatal section and a small birth canal can be a reason for a C Section.
    My first smear the doc gave up (I soon told her to get it in, i was not coming back.. ouchies!!) Others have been very similar, when i had to go to A&E at 8 weeks the doc couldnt get the wotsitty in so had to use her fingers. Sorry for the tmi!
    xxx

2. MelanieSweets

MelanieSweets Well-Known Member

Awww bless you, i am a bit small down there too, but they've managed no problem, if you are that worried i would talk to your midwife and ask if they could check you out down there so that in advance you can book a c-section, if you dont ask you may just end up worrying about the birth otherwise xx :hugs:

3. Babydance

I'm really annoyed cos i had the midwife yesterday and not got her again for another 3 weeks and i know i'll worry for the next 3 weeks!!! grr xx

4. MelanieSweets

MelanieSweets Well-Known Member

aww hun, what about making a doctors appointment and have a chat about your concerns there as good as the midwifes really x

5. ruth222

ruth222 Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2

Could that not be due to slight anxiety? I've had a couple of smears in the past, and I'm not 25 yet, which is when your supposed to start having them, and not found them to be a problem, and I’m quite petite in frame. My sister however is 27 and it’s become a real problem for her to have smears (she doesn’t have a partner at the moment) but they can't get the speculum in, I think it’s due to anxiety you tend to clam up if your not relaxed and don't realise it. Obviously its possible to have a smear test as you've had sex so bigger things have fitted in! hehe. But if you relax I don't find it an issue, and this is my first child, first serious partner etc etc.

As for the being too small to give birth, I think this is quite rare, after all that’s what our body is made for, and if there was any real concerns then the midwife/dr etc would be monitoring you more closely and you would prob be having a c section indefinitely. I would try not to worry too much hun, and ask your MW if your worried, give her a call if your not seeing her for another few weeks. My MW is useless supposed to be seeing her every 2 weeks but she can't fit me in until 4 weeks after my last appointment x

6. Babydance

I really want a natural birth i didnt realise how much i did until i started thinking about all this, it could well be anxiety but how do i avoid this when in labour? lol I am having a hypnobirth so will HOPEFULLY be relaxed! When i go into labour they will be able to tell when they do an internal eh? xx