smell factory

nilllabean26

Reaction score
I'm getting nausea at the smell of things I used to love. Like my lotion: ( . Even food I used tl love and think I'm craving... I go to it and bam! Smell hits me like a punch.

Is this happening to any of u ladies? I feel really bad that I'm not in the mood to smile a lot because of pain fatigue Nd being uncomfortable: (

Not so much when I was pregnant with DS1, but when I was pregnant with DS2, smells would set me off very quickly. I also had a lot of food aversions. It was horrible and I hated it. Lasted up through about 14 weeks. Food aversions lasted up through end of pregnancy.

Yes! Just with food for me though literally any food smell is enough to make me gag or even puke :dohh: it's getting extremely difficult because it's started off as only a few things and now it is everything! The only thing I can eat atm without bringing it back up is apples and because I don't feel like they are enough to eat to keep my baby healthy I have to make myself eat other things and they ALWAYS come back up :dohh: it's making me feel so weak and just drained tbh literally got no energy to run after my hyper two year old! :haha:

Fingers crossed it will all pass for us soon! (I had it WAY to lucky with my first! Had absolutely none of this at all! :haha: )

How many weeks are you? And I feel ur pain. Sorry your going through this
Yes! Just with food for me though literally any food smell is enough to make me gag or even puke :dohh: it's getting extremely difficult because it's started off as only a few things and now it is everything! The only thing I can eat atm without bringing it back up is apples and because I don't feel like they are enough to eat to keep my baby healthy I have to make myself eat other things and they ALWAYS come back up :dohh: it's making me feel so weak and just drained tbh literally got no energy to run after my hyper two year old! :haha:

Fingers crossed it will all pass for us soon! (I had it WAY to lucky with my first! Had absolutely none of this at all! :haha: )

Before finding out I splurged on all my favourite Body Shop goodies, chocolate and coconut and shea butter and brazil nut lotions, body butters, shampoos, you name it. I can't use any of them. They make me want to throw up.

I'm also experiencing phantom smells. I keep thinking I smell cigarette smoke, but there's no-one smoking because I'm alone in my bedroom with the windows closed. Also, a lot of people smell like vinegar. Buses and trains are a nightmare because everyone stinks. Oh, and I keep thinking I smell olives.

The worst is when somebody genuinely IS smoking in the street, because my reaction makes them think I'm making a statement on purpose or whatever, when really I just automatically gag and almost throw up on the spot :blush:

Well if my dates are right I am ten weeks gone now so hopefully it will ease of between 12 and 14 weeks like they say! Been like this since week 7 :dohh: and actually lost weight because of not being able to keep anything down! I could do with loosing weight but not while I'm pregnant! :flower:

Just keep telling yourself it will all be worth it in the end! :haha:

Have u had ur first appt yet?
Well if my dates are right I am ten weeks gone now so hopefully it will ease of between 12 and 14 weeks like they say! Been like this since week 7 :dohh: and actually lost weight because of not being able to keep anything down! I could do with loosing weight but not while I'm pregnant! :flower:

Just keep telling yourself it will all be worth it in the end! :haha:

Yes I had it a bit late at 9 weeks and have my scan in two weeks time :flower:

Awww, I feel for you.

So far the only time I couldn't stand something was when I went into a bath store and smelled the artificial watermelon candles. I LOVE watermelon scents but this one...oh no. It was terrible and I needed to leave the store immediately otherwise the poor ladies running the place would have a mess to clean up.

No food aversions yet. I literally smell everything - people's perfume, the cats around me, and various other smells. Sometimes it's nasty but not enough to make me sick. I think I'm lucky that way, others don't have it so easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->