Smelly hairstraightners!

Cazza89

Mummy of 1,expecting no.2
Reaction score
I got my GHD's in November last year so they're 5 months old. They still stink!!! I thought at first it was coz they were new but they still smell vile! They work brill etc. No problems but the smell!

Any tips on how to sort this? X

Umm, not a burning smell or anything! Just unpleasant. When i first got them i thought it was just one of them horrible 'new' smells they sometimes have. . .but it's not gone. X

How weird, my GHD's have never smelt funny! They dont have a smell to them! Sometimes i can smell a burning smell after iv done my hair but thats it, then it goes!! No idea what you can do to sort that out..

Hmm. . .what to do? What to do. . . ? Lol.X

Do you use any prodcuts when you use them?

Sometimes products can build up on the plates (i.e. I use hair straightening spray) and then that can make them smell... I wipe mine with a wet wipe every few months to keep clean (not sure if you're supposed to though!).

If not - they will still be under warranty (mine came with 2 year warranty) so maybe e-mail them and see what they say?

X

Do you use any prodcuts when you use them?

Sometimes products can build up on the plates (i.e. I use hair straightening spray) and then that can make them smell... I wipe mine with a wet wipe every few months to keep clean (not sure if you're supposed to though!).

If not - they will still be under warranty (mine came with 2 year warranty) so maybe e-mail them and see what they say?

X

i use the lee stafford straightening spray and that makes a build up to, i used a baby wipe and turn them on till they dry

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"